AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post a photo of my sub with a custom glass piece fitted for the VTF-15H. Not sure if any of you have put anything on top of your subs (I know it's not the brightest idea!), but I wanted to try it
So far, it's worked quite well. The glass hasn't moved a bit and I think it looks great. The lamp, on the other hand, won't stay put

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Personally, as long as it doesn't move I think it's a great idea! Have you tried some non-slip material below the lamp?

How much did that cost you, btw?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyozero3 /forum/post/20772547

Have you tried some non-slip material below the lamp?

Damn, you're a genius!
I have not tried it, but will have to for sure.

I got a bit of a discount on the glass, through a friend (~$50). But, I still felt it was reasonably priced otherwise. It was ordered online through www.elitecustomglass.com , but you can get it anywhere that does this type of thing. It's nice, 'cause they let you put in your dimensions, thickness, edge cut, etc.

I then ordered some clear plastic feet and affixed 6 to the glass, which you can sort of see under the glass. I thought they'd be needed to help the glass stay in one place (and they seem to work).

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
He hasn't been online since 2012 so I doubt he'll see this (prove me wrong swgod98).

Might have better luck sending him a PM once you post count is high enough - maybe you'll get lucky and he has his email notification on.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I'd put a thin rubber mat under the glass, and something similar under the lamp.
I would hope now that it is working as an end table, nobody spills their Long Island Iced Tea on it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.