AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someoen give me an idea as to the performance similarities/differences from the VTF3 MKII to the PB10 and PB12? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
All I know is, I'd take a3-300 over pb10 because of output and sound quality, and I'd take it over pb12 because of price.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Vtf3-2? Where are you getting that? I would take the new Svs Pb12 then the Vft3-2 before the A3-300. The Pb10 is good for a small room.

·
Registered
702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/14340001

Can someoen give me an idea as to the performance similarities/differences from the VTF3 MKII to the PB10 and PB12? Thanks.

Do you mean a VTF-3 MK3? The VTF-3 MKII is no longer in production. If you mean the 3.3, then I would have to say go with that one. I have one and it is fantastic.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The VTF3 MK2 is available used. That's why I was asking. We don't get the the MK3 in Canada. One retailer still sells the MK2 new.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the VTF3.2. I love this Sub. Very musical and holds its own in HT department. A very worthy and notable contender. I use the Sub in conjunction with some bookshelf speakers in a 4000 cubic feet room and I'm happy with the results.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I also have the VTF3.2. It's very good sub for both music and HT. I have it for over 4years now, and I didn't feel the need to upgrade for my 4000+ cubic foot room because of sound-to-size ratio (I am referring to the sound and size of the sub). Sure I can go w/bigger subs and get more volume, but the sub is sufficient for my room, and the WAF ruled that out. If you can get the 3.2 at a discount, go for it.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumping this thread back up a bit. I'd really love to hear impressions from someone who has heard the VTF3 MK2 as well as SVS's PB10 and PB12. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/14376729

Bumping this thread back up a bit. I'd really love to hear impressions from someone who has heard the VTF3 MK2 as well as SVS's PB10 and PB12. Thanks.

I have had all three, I still have the VTF3 MK2, it is a very good sub. I had a PB10 and a PB12. Can't comment on the new improved amp on the PB12 but I preferred the sound of the PB10 better at the time, and I listened to them side by side in the same room for a month. The 12 played a little deeper but I still preferred the sound of the pb10 especially for music. The vtf3 mk2 plays music very well and still does a great job for movies and is better suited for larger rooms over the pb10. I guess it all comes down to price as I've read now the PB12 has been improved and I would probably get it if it's close in price to the HSU but if you can get the vtf3 mk2 at a good price you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokia99 /forum/post/14376818

I have had all three, I still have the VTF3 MK2, it is a very good sub. I had a PB10 and a PB12. Can't comment on the new improved amp on the PB12 but I preferred the sound of the PB10 better at the time, and I listened to them side by side in the same room for a month. The 12 played a little deeper but I still preferred the sound of the pb10 especially for music. The vtf3 mk2 plays music very well and still does a great job for movies and is better suited for larger rooms over the pb10. I guess it all comes down to price as I've read now the PB12 has been improved and I would probably get it if it's close in price to the HSU but if you can get the vtf3 mk2 at a good price you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Nokia. How does the PB10 compare to the VTF3 MK2? Yea, I know I'm comparing a 10" to a 12" but let's say if the price of the PB10 new is the same as the VTF2 used.

Also, I have no idea on the going rate of a used VTF3.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/14377878

Thanks Nokia. How does the PB10 compare to the VTF3 MK2? Yea, I know I'm comparing a 10" to a 12" but let's say if the price of the PB10 new is the same as the VTF2 used.

Some have made comments, including Craig Chase and people at his brother's speaker shop, that the PB10 puts out more than they expected from a 10" sub. It is a case of all the components coming together to produce at peak levels, but it is still at a disadvantage compared to competent 12" subs.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If the new-and-improved PB12 is really close in performance to the old Ultra, I would take the PB12 if prices are close. I think there's no question that the VTF3-MK2 is better than the PB10 though.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/14377878

I think as most have said the PB10 does an amazing job for it's size. The vtf3 mk2 is more of a sub. It is better suited for larger rooms over the PB10. I'm not sure on a going rate of a used vtf3 either, maybe someone else can. I would still take the vtf3 mk2 for the same price as a pb10.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but here's a question for you guys. Since the Hsu sub in question is down firing with no plate (like the SVS has), would this sub work with an Auralex Subdude or something similar?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Eight - just checked the HSU website. You can get a HO in maple a lot cheapet than the MKII from E4less. Well, before shipping all that that is. However, I am not sure if HSU is still bothering with us Canucks for shipping, whe I was seriously considering the MBM/HO combo, HSU would not ship me a HO
.. So I went with an SVS PB Ultra instead.

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
i have had an HSU VTF3 MKII for 3 years now and i love it. i added the turbo from the MK3 to it (fits fine) and it improved it a ton, however, i am selling it to upgrade (i hope) to 2 Onix MFW15's. i hope that the addition of another sub and going to 15" drivers will deliver more PUNCH and deep bass for my very large room. i hope this is not a mistake, i'm almost worried about selling this awesome sub. if you can get one, do it. great sub for the money.

·
Registered
15,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt_Krunch /forum/post/14386171

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but here's a question for you guys. Since the Hsu sub in question is down firing with no plate (like the SVS has), would this sub work with an Auralex Subdude or something similar?

Sure...as long as their is clearance between it and the driver, which the feet provide.

BTW....those particular SVS's don't use the baseplate anymore...they are front firing.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/14345386

The VTF3 MK2 is available used. That's why I was asking. We don't get the the MK3 in Canada. One retailer still sells the MK2 new.

What price did you get for a used one?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokia99 /forum/post/14398596

What price did you get for a used one?

I didn't get a price. That's why I was wondering how much they go for used. I think I may have to end up getting the PB10 from Sonicboom because it's ridiculous how limited we are in Canada when it comes to buying a sub here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts