AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide weather to return my LG 570 because of buggy BD performance, but we tried a VUDU download

last night though and really liked the service. HDX picture was amazing. If I return it though I'll probably get a Panny 85

or Sony 570 which both have Amazon. Anyone who has used both VUDU and Amazon have any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Quality wise Vudu is far superior to Amazon VoD. Only Apple TV HD comes close to Vudu in the VoD world.

I'd get the new Sony network player + add an Apple TV if you want access to HD VoD for newer titles. Otherwise, sign up with Netflix and enjoy Blu Ray for HD and streaming for many of the indie movies. I love the less mainstream movies available on Netflix streaming services.

·
Registered
13,274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by av.pallino /forum/post/18279097

Otherwise, sign up with Netflix and enjoy Blu Ray for HD and streaming for many of the indie movies. I love the less mainstream movies available on Netflix streaming services.

I completely agree with this. I use Netflix for a month every few months to catch up with the Blu-rays I want to watch as there aren't nearly enough worth viewing (of interest to me) to use the service every month. Once Netflix is On Hold I miss the streaming Indie movies (in my den) more than I do the few Blu-rays I catch up with in the theater.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I just swapped out the LG for the Panny 85. Amazon picture quality is ok, (not as good as vudu)

but the streaming stability seems a lot worse. Can't keep an hd picture for anything.

On vudu it was ultra stable and full 1080p all the way just one night before. I'm wondering if the Panny's wireless capability

might have something to do with this though, since netflix is also not quite as stable on this player vs the LG. I'm thinking

maybe the dongle supplied with the Panny has issues with an 802.11g network.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts