AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sharp 12K arrives next week.....(Thanks Jason!) After reading many posts about the benefits of a High Gain Screen with this PJ.. I'm in need of a assistance in making my final decision on screens... I'm going to go with a 110".....but from whom? Vutec Silverstar?, Dalite High Power or Carada Brilliant White. I've been told by a few people that the SilverStar would be the better of the three, but is it worth the extra $$.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Banned
2,411 Posts
Having read that the 12K is dark in the low contrast mode, I'd say you want some gain. So the High Power or the Vutec Would be the choice for me. Since the 12k has high contrast, you might try the Silverstar as it forces detail out of brightness, and the 12k should be able to handle that without washing out.

You'll get as many opinions as there are screens. Not enough experience with the 12k exists yet, though.

Bob

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Dave

Search for a response from Tryg. Then read his awesome reviews of these screens. He is our screen expert it seems.

Dr.Tryg prescribed a hi-power 120' for my set up and he was spot on with his diagnosis,

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.