AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
With the high gain of that screen you should be able to reduce your contrast and brightness to help out with the halo you are getting from your nonLC lens's. I currently have an XG1100 nonLC hanging and found that I could really see the "lighting up" of daek material if there was anything bright mixed in. I worked on the grey scale pretty hard to get it correct and defocused the B a bit to produce lots of contrast at D65. This produced a very bright picture on my Torus which has similar characteristics to yours. I measured 20 fL at 100ire 100 contrast. This in turn allowed me to turn the contrast and expecially the brightness way down which produced a very nice picture with minimal halo as described above.

I set up a screen like you are talking about in FL a few months ago with a Sony G70 and was amazed at how bright it was. It was a 60 x 80" screen. Had min hotspotting and no color shift I could detect in the seating positions. It's viewing cone was not as large as my Torus but very acceptable.

Can't wat to see Johns 96" wide with his 9500LC. Should make our eyes bleed.....lol

Terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.