Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
976 Posts
So do you know if you will still be able to buy it for around 5 grand? And can you preorder anywhere?

Chris

· Registered
3,644 Posts
Chris, 5 grand? I don't think you can get the 10HT for that price, I highly doubt the new 11HT version will lower than 6 grand. I thought the lowest price for the 10HT was $5,800.

· Registered
1,156 Posts
I know MVS sells then for $5500, and there are some super deep discount retailers on ebay that sell for $4900 or so (But they seemed risky to me)

------------------

It's great to have all this great gear. But I'd instead put all that money into software (Movies) I'd have SOMETHING TO WATCH ON ALL THIS GREAT GEAR. Doh!

· Registered
976 Posts
Ive seen it on EBay from a place in Honk Kong that sells it for $4650. They will inspect them before they ship it if you like to see if it has dead pixels, or any of the common problems. Sounds pretty good to me.

Chris

· Registered
3,644 Posts
Thanks for the info akm3. I would certainly buy from Dennis at MVS rather than Ebay.

Tom

· Registered
16 Posts
Tigerdirect had the 10ht in their last catalog for $5199. I assume the $300 rebate was an incentive to clear out some inventory to get ready for the rollout of the 11ht. If the new projector is as good as they say it is , I can't see it going for less than $7k.

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

1. Substantial improvement of black level
  2. Comfortable foam/home theater environment
  3. Wide liquid crystal panel
  4. Various high picture quality conversion circuit
  5. Multiple input signal
  6. New air filter[/list=a]

Specifications:

3 primary color liquid crystal shutter projection systems

1.35-inch PolySilicon TFT wide LCD Panel, 1049088-dot X 3 (about 3.15 megapixels)

Manual focus 1.2X zoom lens, f44.6 ~ 53.6mm/F2.2 ~2.5

200 UHP lamp

1000 ANSI lm

Diagonal 40 ~ 300-inch (16x9), diagonal 40 ~ 300-inch (4x3)

NTSC / PAL / SECAM / NTSC4.43 / PAL-M / PAL-N / PAL60

750-TVL (video input), 1100-TVL (High Definition input), 1366x768-dot (RGB input)

15 ~ 91KHz (horizontal), 50 ~ 85Hz (vertical)

Composite

S-video

RGB/component/HDTV (5-pin X 2)

Control S input (stereo mini jack)

Trigger output (mini jack)

RS-232C remote (D-SUB 9-pin connector)

AC100V, 50/60Hz

------------------

bbq in Kowloon

· Registered
3,644 Posts
I'm not sure I get this one. ???

2.Comfortable foam/home theater environment (lol)

Hmmm, I also thought they were going to up the lumens to 1300 or something like that?

· Registered
4,967 Posts
Thx bbq!! I got it working finally!

Tom, that is an "All your base are belong to us" issue with the translation..

Read this one!!

Product name VPL-VW11HT -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The SONY marketing the wide liquid crystal panel and the individual high picture quality conversion circuit " DRC of new development - the mf (the digital * reality * creation - the multiple function)" and so on the foam/home theater private LCD video projector " VPL which is loaded - sells the VW11HT " on July 1st. The same product, as the SONY make wide LCD panel of high resolution (the 1366×768 dot) it loads, by the fact that optical unit is renovated, in the former liquid crystal projector raised the reappearance power of the black level which is difficult substantially, actualized the picture whose contrast is high. In addition, besides the fact that the gradation rich image where the dark space tightens can be played back equipped " cinema black mode ", distinguishing the video signal of the movie film material automatically, it did optimum signal processing, smooth image it is reproduced had " cinema motion ". In addition to the DVD software and high vision broadcast, the DTV signal of BS digital broadcast and the like (the 525i/525p/750p/1125i) it corresponds. By the fact that focal length of the lens is designed shortly, with the projection distance 2.9m 90 inches (16: 9) Projection was actualized, the using selfishness in the economical space improved. Furthermore, besides the fact that the quiet sound design of approximately 30dB was actualized, 1000 ANSI lumina are achieved with loading the high output 200W * UHP lamp. As for substance size width 395× height 168× depth 427mm, weight approximately 8kg. As for price opening. Ahead inquiring 03-5448-3311 the SONY marketing customer consultation center

-- Cain

[This message has been edited by Cain (edited 05-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Cain (edited 05-01-2001).]

· Registered
4,967 Posts
More....

July 1st sale standard price: Open price Ahead communicating: Customer consultation center Tel.0570-00-331 The SONY marketing corporation for the foam/home theater which loads the wide liquid crystal panel sells projector " VPL-VW11HT " from July 1st. Price is open price, but as for shop front expectation price the possibility approximately of 65 ten thousand Yen. As for the VPL-VW11HT, the liquid crystal projector " VPL-VW10HT " which adopts the 1,366~768 dot wide liquid crystal panel of '99 year November sale (standard price: 648,000 Yen) it becomes the minor change model. As for the VPL-VW10HT, the projector which foam/home theater exclusive use is defined. Even presently, for the home which adopts the high resolution wide panel the projector is not sold, has become the best-sellerdom as a liquid crystal projector for the foam/home theater. The big modification point with the latest minor change had to renovate the liquid crystal panel and optical unit. As for the liquid crystal panel as for the SONY make 1,366~768 dot and resolution it is the same, but we have assumed contrast and uniformity of color (the Æ’â€*Æ’jÆ’tÆ’H[Æ’~Æ’eÆ’B) et cetera, picture quality was improved substantially. Optical system to become the new design, to raise the reproducibility of black level substantially, as for contrast VPL-VW10HT ratio 200% improvement. Especially with " cinema black mode ", in the liquid crystal projector it is not avoided, you say " black it floats and " holds down, can reproduce the detail of the dark space. The WEGA and the like has adopted the high picture quality conversion circuit, until recently same as the model, " the DRC-MF (the digital * reality * creation - the multiple function)" it loads. In the DRC-MF, both verticality * horizontal direction density is designated as 2 times, the " DRC4 time denseness " and, the Æ’`ƒ‰ƒcÆ’L of letter and the like in the still picture is held down, " cinema motion " was added anew in addition to 2 modes of the " DRC progressive ". Those where as for this cinema motion, the input source 2-3 distinguishes the fact that it is the signal which it is pulled down is converted automatically from the film material, processes appropriately progressively. As a modification point other than picture quality, the electrification air filter - is loaded anew, penetration of the rubbish to inside the substance is lightened substantially. The electrification air filter -, it equips also the sensor which perceives plugging up. Also the lamp becomes new, output (the 200W) with brightness (the 1,000ANSI lumen, the at the time of 16:9) it is same, but life has improved 50%. Specification and frame design the other than that until recently almost the same as the model. The input signal corresponds to the 480i/480p/720p/1050i. Either the lens is not modified and 1.2 time zoom lens (the f44.6 - the 53.6mm) loads. 16:9 90 inches are actualized with the projection distance 2.9m. Also digital trapezoid revision function has.

· Registered
3,465 Posts
From the translations, I got this: renovated LCD panel to improve contrast & uniformity of color, and optical unit to raise black level (contrast?) 200%; electronic air filter; DRC-Multi Function 2X, 4x & 3:2 pulldown; 1.2 zoom & manual focus: 1000 ANSI w/new 200W bulb w/50% longer life; 30dB fan noise in Cinema Mode; Ins: composite, S & component/RGB/HDTV x2; input freqs: 480i/p, 720p, 1080i; scan freqs: hor 15-90 vert 50-85; Lines of Res: video-750 HDTV-1100 RGB-1366;

· Registered
2,314 Posts
I haven't bought anything from Tiger in years, but I would consider them reliable. They've been around for a long time. I used to sell TO THEM when I was in the software biz and they always seemed like a reputable player.

------------------

Steve

Visit our dedicated home theater, The City Cinema.

· Registered
4,967 Posts
Still more...

The SONY marketing corporation (president: Small temple Å’\\, head office: The Tokyo Minato-ku), the SONY make high resolution wide LCD panel (the 1366~768 dot) and individual high picture quality conversion technology " DRC-MF " (the digital * reality * creation - the multiple function) and the like the foam/home theater private LCD video projector ' VPL-VW11HT which loads the high picture quality conversion circuit ' it sells. Type name sale day desired retail price LCD video projector ' VPL-VW11HT ' July 1st open price This time it sells ' VPL-VW11HT ', in home before receiving tremendous support from the customer, high picture quality as the foam/home theater private projector which enjoys the image source in the large picture type ' VPL-VW10HT ', it is the model which is succeeded. The knitting machine in the former liquid crystal projector raised the reappearance power of the black level which is difficult substantially with the high resolution wide LCD panel and et cetera renovating optical unit, actualized the picture whose contrast is high. Furthermore, it was suited for the playback of the movie software, it equips " cinema black mode ". The black floating (gradation of the dark space being lost, the black part floating, the white ‚à ‚Û ‚Â* the phenomenon which is visible) you hold down, reproduce the detail of the dark space. In addition, distinguishing the video signal of the movie film material automatically, it does optimum signal processing, smooth image it is reproduced loads " cinema motion ". Due to these technologies, you can enjoy material feeling rich movie film original charm at the foam/home theater. The DVD software and high vision broadcast are corresponding the DTV signal of of course thing and BS digital broadcast et cetera (the 525i/525p/750p/1125i). In addition, by the fact that focal length of the lens is designed shortly, with the projection distance 2.9m 90 inches (16: 9) Projection is actualized, the using selfishness in the economical space has improved. This corporation, leading other companies, front type ' VPL-VW10HT ' of foam/home theater private model throws to the market, succeeds in the development of wide user layer. With quick spread of the DVD it contributed to expanding the foam/home theater market of digital image age rapidly. This corporation is defeated this time sells ' VPL-VW11HT ', (the high grade image which is approached to the CRT projector is reproduced) positively assuring the standard model and positioing and the further enlargement of the foam/home theater market where the foam/home theater projector is new.

· Registered
4,967 Posts
Yet more!!

- Main merit 1. Reproducibility of black level substantially improvement Optical unit one reproducibility of the black level whose newly, in the liquid crystal device reappearance is difficult substantial improvement. It was suited for the playback of the movie software and the like, " cinema black mode " the gradation rich image where together, the dark space tightens can be played back. 2. It loads the wide liquid crystal panel of new development 16: The place where charm of the wide picture of 9 is left it was not and the SONY make wide LCD panel of the high resolution which can be indicated (the 1366~768 dot) it loaded, contrast and the Æ’â€*Æ’jÆ’tÆ’H[Æ’~Æ’eÆ’B (uniformity of color) et cetera improved picture quality substantially. 3. It offers comfortable foam/home theater environment Depending upon the quiet sound design, decrease of the offensive fan noise which becomes the interference of viewing (approximately 30dB: At the time of cinema black mode) industry highest level * with it actualizes. *: As of March 31st of 2001, the SONY marketing investigation There is no strange feeling in home and it adopts the cabinet of the off white which fuses and the design which has roundness. With projection distance 2.9m 90 inches (16: 9) It actualizes projection. It improved the using selfishness in the economical space. Deformation of the indicatory image which it occurs with digital trapezoid revision function, with installation circumstance can be revised. With loading the high output 200W * UHP lamp, the 1000ANSI lumen (16: O'clock of 9) it actualizes. 4. Various high picture quality conversion circuit loading * " DRC-MF " (the digital * reality * creation - the multiple function) it loads NTSC image of usual television broadcast and the DVD et cetera it is close to high vision, it makes in image and the SONY individual high picture quality circuit " DRC-MF " which is changed (the digital * reality * creation - the multiple function) it loads. Both verticality * horizontal direction density of the picture to 2 times at a time high is converted the " DRC4 time denseness " and, holds down the Æ’`ƒ‰ƒcÆ’L of letter and the like in the still picture finely, 2 modes of the " DRC progressive " are prepared. * Cinema motion It distinguishes the fact that it is the signal which is converted vis-a-vis the video signal by the film material, 2-3 by pull-down technology automatically, processes appropriately progressively. 1 scene 1 scene of the film is reproduced faithfully and smoothly. * 3d gamma revision Individual picture quality quality is adjusted loads " the 3d gamma revision " circuit uniformly in every horizontal direction, vertical direction and signal level of the LCD panel which it loads. Image of the high picture quality whose color unevenness and brightness unevenness are little is projected. 5. It corresponds to the wide input signal It corresponds to the wide input signal where as for the usual video signal of course, as for the DVD the 525p (the progressive), the digital high picture quality image source of the next generation such as signal and BS digital high vision broadcast (the 525i/525p/750p/1125i) signal was included in addition to the component signal. 6. New air filter - loading You adopt the electrification filter whose adsorption ability of the rubbish in the air is high. Furthermore it equips the sensor which perceives plugging up of the filter. Because of this as penetration of the rubbish to inside the substance is lightened substantially, the news of the exchange time which is set to the environment of the room become possible. -

· Registered
111 Posts
Doesn't anyone find it a bit suspicious that they're supposedly only 2 months away from release and only have product announcements in Japanesse. Either they only plan to release this overseas or they're further away than July 1.

------------------

Jim Lauritzen

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.