AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P /forum/post/0

I decided to put this projector on my ceiling. I have seen many different ceiling mounts online. Which one are current owners using? Any suggestions?

Chief RPA-020.

That gives you the mounting flange for the ceiling, and the Pearl-specific bracket for the PJ. If you flush-mount them, it's just under 3" thick. Or you can use threaded pipe to extend as long as you need.

·
Registered
847 Posts
It all depends on the height of your ceiling and the height of the screen.

Take a look at the Pearl owner's manual, which is available on the Sony site.

John

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P /forum/post/0

Does AVS sell the chief mount? How can I determine if I need to use a pipe versus flush mounting? I would prefer more of a flush mount.

Thanks!

Yes.

See JHL's response.

Me too. In particular, check out the Pearl's "lens shift" capability to drop the projected image "below" the phyisical height of the projector. Avoid tilting the PK and using the"keystone" adjustment to gain more vertical drop, as that degrades the picture.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have the Sony PSS-H10. Very elegant, very study - would never vibrate and blur the image when the subwoofer is at its best - but also a bit pricey. The build quality is excellent. If you have the money, go for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.