AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought the w1070+ to see if the speaker really is improved as my sound bar broke and I don't want to buy another if the projector speaker is enough in the w1070+, but it's also marketed as wireless, though I can't find anywhere to purchase the kit.

But can someone explain how it's "wireless" when you still have to buy a wireless kit and attach it to the actual projector? If you have to "buy" a "kit" and attach to both the HDMI source AND the projector, just how is that deemed wireless? Or is that purely referring to "MHL"?

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Recently bought the w1070+ to see if the speaker really is improved as my sound bar broke and I don't want to buy another if the projector speaker is enough in the w1070+, but it's also marketed as wireless, though I can't find anywhere to purchase the kit.

But can someone explain how it's "wireless" when you still have to buy a wireless kit and attach it to the actual projector? If you have to "buy" a "kit" and attach to both the HDMI source AND the projector, just how is that deemed wireless? Or is that purely referring to "MHL"?
Wireless is garbage for the most part and should be avoided.

Wireless refers to being able to hook your sources up in one location, and then wirelessly sending that signal to a different location wirelessly.

The projector still needs power, and all projectors should be connected with a wired HDMI connection for highest reliability.

As well, buy a decent A/V receiver and a surround sound setup. They start around $250 from www.accessories4less.com and they are awesome. But, I'm guessing if you are looking at the 1070+ then you may be a non-USA buyer and have issues getting things from that website. :( Sorry if that's the case.

Projectors should always be wired for best quality, and should be fed a good source, like Blu-ray Disc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts