AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello Guys,

I was following this thread for sometime, and I honestly believe as a 3d projector Benq is really GREAT for the money. I ll have a question for 3D enthusiasts on AVCHD 2.0 3D support of BENQ W1070. So as you guys know, Bluray 3D is limited with 1080/24p and 720/50-60p AND BE CAREFUL THOSE ARE FRAME PACKED FORMATS NOT Side By Side etc.. Also as you know AVCHD 3D Supports 1080/60-50i and you can use this format to edit and finalize your shot video by 3d camcorders like JVC TD-1 OR SONT T-10 that shoots 3d frame packed at 1080i (not progressive that is why those cameras are being criticized as not being easy to producr bluray discs from their videos while keeping the original videos)

So with the latest firmware (1.08) w1070 is now able to accept side by side 1080i, BUT what about AVCHD 3D? If NOT do you guys know any projector that supports 3d frame packed 1080i videos? or TVs? (Not Computer monitors as they are able through nvidia 3d)     

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm gonna bump this. I too would like an answer to this problem. I wish there was some way to trick the BenQ to accept frame-packed 1080 interlaced resolution and not just progressive. I have a BenQ W1070 and a Sony TD20 3d camcorder that will record two full streams of 1080i video. Although it records full 1920 x 1080i 3D resolution, and allows you to select play back as frame-packed, the BenQ will have none of it.

The BenQ will only play it back in half resolution SBS 960 x 1080 because its interlaced. It still looks good. But I know it can be better. Twice as good in fact. I have no way to trick it into displaying it in its full resolution frame-packed glory. But my tests have been quite limited. I've done no testing playing these files back using a PC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

In PC I have an ASUS 120HZ 3D Nvidia supported LCD and as with most LCD 3D Monitors they do support framepacked 1080 50 or 60i videos.. Actually I do NOT have your SONY 3D Cmacorder BUT I downloaded so many sample MVC files with JVC and SONY 3d camcorders that only shoots 1080 60i frame packed videos, and the results are so good.. Its a pitty BenQ does not allow it.. BUT new Optpma is not supporting this resolution too. It is really crazy why bluray concortium did not support 3d 60i although HDMI 1.4 Bandwith is able to support this much data.. Anyway, lets hope Benq offers another firmware in time soon..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts