AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was just surfing the forums as I tend to do on a Sunday morning and thought I'd throw this, seemingly, simple question out there.

I've had a BenQ W1500 projector for the past year and the bulb is at 536 hours as of last nights movies. I remembered that this unit has what they call "SmartEco Mode" and was wondering how I go about accessing this on the menus to see if it's on or not. The picture is still great on the projector but I was bumping around the menus this morning and noticed that on the "Lamp" menu it just gives me the lamp's current hours and the "Advanced Settings" menu is dimmed so I can't even excess the settings. Also, the "Picture" menu is dimmed s accessing those settings is a no-go, as well.

So, is this, possibly, a firmware issue or why else would these menus be dimmed? Again, the main reason I even went into the menus is to check on the mode the lamp is currently in.

For those of you wondering why I haven't checked out my original manual on DVD, it's because we recently got all new computers in the house and none of them have a DVD drive anymore, and, I don't have an external drive, or a DVD-based player in my media rack. I guess that's progress!

Anyway, I just thought I'd see if anyone knows how to access the menus in such a way that I can actually change the lamp mode, etc.

Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I don't own this same unit, but on the W1070, the projector has to have been on for up to 10-15 minutes (and also have a source selected that's sending video) before the Lamp Power menu becomes active.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ kreeturez - Ah, yes! That makes good, common sense! I'll give a try in a bit and check back. Thanks for the quick reply!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, that was the issue. I had just turned on the projector with no video source turned on. Thanks for the help and be well!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
@ kreeturez - Ah, yes! That makes good, common sense! I'll give a try in a bit and check back. Thanks for the quick reply!

Okay, that was the issue. I had just turned on the projector with no video source turned on. Thanks for the help and be well!

No problem!
My vote would be for the projector to display a message when selecting the menu rather than just disabling it: just a bit less confusing!

Glad you're sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.