Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just installed SP2 for W2K, but still have no AC-3 output from the AP24/96 spdif output, with the latest WDM drivers from M-Audio.

Funny thing is that I have only 'Delta AP' as selection for playback device and this works only with the monitor mixer output of the delta control panel. No 'Waveout SPDIf' selection available.

I have tried to install the NT4 drivers where I had 'Waveout SPDIF' selection and AC-3 output, but after some time, sound and picture began to freeze after about 2 seconds of playback, also with Winamp and other sound only software.

Am I missing something? What can I do to get the WDM drivers working ?

------------------

Regards,

Wolfgang

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Wolfgang:

___First off, you should be using the Windows 2000 WDM 5.12.1.9 drivers, not any of the NT drivers.

___Under the Patchbay/Router tab --> H/W Out ½ check off WavOut ½ and under H/W Out S/PDIF check off WavOut S/PDIF. Under the S/PDIF tab, use the Professional setting and in the advanced area, check off Non-Audio for both DD and DTS output when using the Windows 2000 WDM drivers. This should get you to where you want to be. Do not miss that depending on the SW player used, you will have to select DD/DTS in the DVD’s setup menu as well as your DD/DTS receiver needs to accept the DD/DTS output in Auto or DD/DTS format.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi xcel,

thanks for the info, but id did not work for me.

I'm back to Win98SE and everything is fine.

'So what' says RED ZAC.

------------------

Regards,

Wolfgang

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.