Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I live in Hoboken NJ on the waterfront. This is directly across from the ESB.

I have a RS DBT for UHF getting 2-1, 5-1,5-2, and 13-1. I also have a Terk TV55 for 11-1. I use a RS combiner/splitter for the two antenna and have a RS amplfier to boost signal for 11-1. I live on the 3rd Floor with my antenna outside the window about 30ft up.

I did buy a Zenith Silver Sensor but it did not work as well as the RS, so it is not being used.

I see that many people from the NY Metro area can get WABC (7) out of CT.

Is anyone getting WABC 7-1 out of Hoboken. If so how are you doing it. Where is the antenna pointed, how do you avoid multipath, are you using an amp. What is the exact direction you are pointed in.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexvd
I see that many people from the NY Metro area can get WABC (7) out of CT.
They are actually getting WTNH-DT on channel 10 that will remap to channel 8. Chances are slim that you will get reception from the approximately 70 air miles distance and having to point through Manhattan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought. Would I be pointing thru NYC? I guess it is a moot point with 70 miles of distance.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You may be able to pick up the philly dt stations from Hoboken, as i do most nights, and mornings, but, i think you'll need a better antenna, try the channel master 4228, and cm 7777 pre amp. Im 75 miles from the philly stations, on the other hand im 55 from the New Haven ABC, AND , NEVER COME CLOE TO GETTING IT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.