AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had a lot of luck getting reception on WABC OTA. On my Dish 6000, on a good Tuesday night the strength is in the 40-50s and this last Tuesday I couldn't even get a signal. I get a 70-80+ signal on CBS and seem to get in the 70s on the other WTC stations. Any ideas why I am having so much trouble?

·
Registered
196 Posts
WABC-45 is not operating full time, since they are still doing antenna work. Their signal is 'off' more than it is 'on' the air. Look for them to go 24/7 soon.

In the meantime, check for their signal on Tuesday nights (for NYPD Blue) and sometimes on Saturday and Sunday evening, if there is a 720p/60 program scheduled.

Don't get too upset if their signal is weak at your location - WABC-45 is not running full transmitter power yet during the antenna work. Their signal right now is about 1/3 of authorized transmitting power.

KC

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do I seem to get better reception on the other WTC channels? I thought they all shared the same antenna. Are some WTC channels broadcast at greater strength than others?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.