AVS Forum banner

6561 - 6575 of 6575 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anybody else still experiencing pixelation on KWTX-10 OTA or other? When I spoke with the chief engineer and what I believe was his boss about two weeks ago, they acknowledged an issue. A follow-up e-mail a week later was then ignored.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Anybody else still experiencing pixelation on KWTX-10 OTA or other? When I spoke with the chief engineer and what I believe was his boss about two weeks ago, they acknowledged an issue. A follow-up e-mail a week later was then ignored.
DirecTV here. I didn't notice any problems during the NFL game on Sunday. NFL football is about the only time I ever watch 10, so I can't speak to other times.

·
Registered
102 Posts
On Sunday I partially watched the playoff games on KWTX OTA (I don't have cable) and didn't notice any issues. I wasn't looking for any issues either however. I live off of Chapel Rd in Waco.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not much activity in this area's forum, but perhaps this might generate a little. Does anyone know why the KXXV stations are only providing basic/generic PSIP information since the repack date, rather than full program listings and individual program details?

I sent an e-mail query today about it to the station's technical director (Randy Lee), and if I receive a response (or the full PSIP information comes back) I'll report back here.
----------
Mr. Lee sent a reply that he would check into it, and now the PSIP information is back in full -- I'd seen a post earlier in this area forum where someone complimented him for being responsive, and I can vouch for that being true.

·
Registered
17,274 Posts
Can anyone confirm that KNCT made its move as scheduled?

- Trip

·
Registered
396 Posts
AFAIK they did. I couldn't get a signal in the past but after a rescan it now comes in great. That must mean that they're now on the KWTX tower in Moody, which is about 13 miles south of me.

·
Registered
128 Posts

- Trip
Yes -- I'm at a higher elevation in Eastern Williamson County on the boundary between Austin & Waco-Temple-Killeen markets; on the date scheduled for the transmitter switch, a rescan was required to re-acquire all the 46.x channels. I haven't noticed much difference in either signal strength or quality, but with the stormy weather last night there was a lot of signal problems to the north before I went to bed.

·
Registered
134 Posts

- Trip

I'm also seeing a much improved signal from 65% to 100%, here in the Waco annex between Woodway and Hewitt. Seems to be digital UHF 17, broadcasting as 46.

·
Registered
128 Posts
FWIW, KNCT Channel 46.4 has appeared with a static station ID screen -- not yet clear what affiliation or programming source it will become whenever it goes live with actual content, but something to monitor for anyone receiving that block of OTA channels.

·
Registered
17,274 Posts
Is there anyone toward Bryan who might be able to confirm whether or not KRHD-CD made their move to the new frequency? On TVAnswers.org, it said it was going to happen on 3/6, but the website and Facebook have both been silent about it as far as I can tell.

- Trip

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does anyone know if any station in the Waco viewing area has any plans for adopting the ATSC 3.0 standards this year? Thanks, Ryan D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Waco isn't on the list of markets that they were promoting. It's mostly the top 40 markets, while Waco's ranked 82nd.
Much appreciated! I figured Waco wasn’t high up on the list, but since it’s “voluntary”, I was hoping that at least one station might feel like being a rebel and leading this market to change.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Part of the thing is that the ATSC 3.0 station has to make a deal with other stations in the market to carry all of their existing subchannels in ATSC 1.0 for a 5 year transition so no one loses existing programming. In bigger markets with a lot more stations it's easier to do since you can spread them out, in smaller markets with less stations it's harder.

Depending where you are, you might be able to pick up ATSC 3.0 broadcasts from a neighboring market like Dallas or Austin since ATSC 3.0 is supposed to perform better with weaker reception. (i.e. areas where you got a snowy but "watchable" picture during the analog era)

6561 - 6575 of 6575 Posts