AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for the Cambridge Audio seperates to be released; I'm considering forgetting about it and getting something else.

I liked the Parasound Halo seperates...

NAD's Master series integrated looks interesting...

McIntosh integrated is hella-cool...

What do ya'll thing???

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
they dont have anything "that" special, enough to wait for. Just audition whatever and get the device that offers you the features you want, the looks you like, and the performance you need, for the price you are comfortable with.

Rotel separates is another idea, the NAD M3 looks pretty nice as well esp with bass management!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the seperates would be nice; I like the 840 it's based on.

I really like the Halo gear...

...I'm not a real fan of NAD; but the Master stuff interests me.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything else I should audition???

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to a new shop:

Parasound Halo...

He also strongly recommended the Musical Fidelity integrated amp...

He sells NAD Master; but not a big fan of NAD in general.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Musical makes some nice gear. But well i just went and got a used CA myself was seriously looking at saving up for those separates too but well i could not wait that long. What kinda speakers are you using? Talk with Ttowntony he'll tell you all you need to know about the Halo's.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicomoralessxm /forum/post/13022768

Musical makes some nice gear. But well i just went and got a used CA myself was seriously looking at saving up for those separates too but well i could not wait that long. What kinda speakers are you using? Talk with Ttowntony he'll tell you all you need to know about the Halo's.

Next project will be speakers...

...Paradigm Studio's, B&W CM series, or something else in that class/price range or so.

·
Registered
317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool4life /forum/post/13029487

Next project will be speakers...

...Paradigm Studio's, B&W CM series, or something else in that class/price range or so.

If you can...look into the Jamo c 809's. You may have a dealer in your city. They are a reference speaker that sounds wonderful, and compare with Paradigm at a cheaper price.

frenchmon

·
Registered
256 Posts
I thought Frenchmon you'd be reccomending a pair of triangle or focals?
just kidding. i was also looking at the studio line. i went with a pair of opera mezza's just a very nice. Sound and looks are wonderful. My prob is that i cant audition any of the speakers i was looking hopefully you can get to listen to them before

·
Registered
317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicomoralessxm /forum/post/13032561

I thought Frenchmon you'd be reccomending a pair of triangle or focals?
just kidding. i was also looking at the studio line. i went with a pair of opera mezza's just a very nice. Sound and looks are wonderful. My prob is that i cant audition any of the speakers i was looking hopefully you can get to listen to them before

Whats the web address for the Opera Mezza's?

frechmon

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM /forum/post/13024763

If you like CA, why not just get one of their integrated amps?

I like the 840; after I heard about seperates comming out, I decided to wait.

I can't wait any longer; I need something.

I always liked the Parasound Classic (original) on Paradigm Studios; I like the Halo as well.

The McIntosh integrated is good; I like the Musical Fidelity integrated as well.

I'm not a big fan of NAD; but the Master series seems interesting.

I want something better than Rotel or regular NAD...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Again...where could I go to listen to the opera's? Are these an internet sales speaker only, or do they have a physical store?

frenchmon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts