AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks as though most of the interesting news on the projector front is in DLP. Having seen 4x, 6-segment DLP, I still prefer LCD. If I order my XP21 tomorrow, will I be sorry next week, after the Infocomm news starts coming in? Can any insiders advise me, without betraying any confidences?

Mike

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
If you're not standing in line waiting for the DLP HD2 chips, I'd wait a week. Even if you are, I'd wait a week.

Do you receive any high-def material? I know that a full HD projector is right around the corner, and am just waiting to hear who announces it first....

·
Registered
28 Posts
The price point is pretty sweet now for the Sanyo. The arrival of the next generation LCOS really exites me but I fear the cost will be very high, at least initially.

If its in reach, I'll be selling my XP21 next week!

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
The XP21n is a great projector but I would DEFINITELY wait a week for Infocomm.

The PLV-70HT is supposed to be annonced with a resolution of 1366X768, 2000 lumens and 1000:1 contrast ratio.

Those are PRELIMINARY numbers but they could possibly hold to be true.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
660 Posts
The XP21N is a nice pj, but it can't handle 525p (Enhanced DVD). The built-in scaler (nice when it first came out) has been eclipsed by anything using the Silicon Image (DVDO) 504 chip or the Faroudja DCDi chip.

I'd wait a week. Just remember that manufacturers tend to deliver Infocomm announced projectors MONTHS after they promise to ship them. If nothing else, you'll probably see even more price drops after Infocomm.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The prices should drop after Infocomm. The XP21N is near end of life and will probably drop in price after new models are announced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.