AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Should I wait to buy a force feedback wheel until Sony comes up with a bluetooth/wireless solution, or should I just go ahead and get the logitech driving force pro? I know it won't work for MotorStorm, but that's ok. So far I have just "Dirt" and want to get more into the action. The only downside to the logitech is that it doesn't have shifters on the wheel itself....any feedback would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a chair and G25 and it is aswome. I think personally its pretty future proof as the most popular wheel setup for PC so there are alot out there. The GT5 is already 100% compatable with GT5P so it will be for GT5 also.

Te "Playseat Evolution" is the only way to go with the G25 as it has options for mounting the H pattern shifter. It is the only chair I know that does this.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Woow, that is one hell of ....well a chair!

Looks interesting. Does it vibrate/move along with the game?

Is it good? How many hours can you sit on it and play what game best?

How much it's cost?

Thanks Daddy, can I get one for my birthday? :)

·
Registered
358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanrs /forum/post/12912323

Woow, that is one hell of ....well a chair!

Looks interesting. Does it vibrate/move along with the game?

Is it good? How many hours can you sit on it and play what game best?

How much it's cost?

Thanks Daddy, can I get one for my birthday? :)

Its very comfortable.

GT5P is the reason I own it.

I think I got it at amazon for 250 a while ago.

It does rumble as I have this mounted to the bottom.
http://www.amazon.com/Buttkicker-BK-.../dp/B000AOTLP6

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
What all games work with the G25 on the PS3? Motorstorm? Burnout Paradise? GT Prologue?

I'm tempted to get one for my birthday, but I don't want to drop $250 if it's not going to work on more than a couple of games. Someone want to reassure me?

·
Registered
389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/12915669

What all games work with the G25 on the PS3? Motorstorm? Burnout Paradise? GT Prologue?

I'm tempted to get one for my birthday, but I don't want to drop $250 if it's not going to work on more than a couple of games. Someone want to reassure me?

Motorstorm is pre-FF/wheel so no go for any wheels really. Can anyone prove me wrong on this? I never could get it to work with a wheel.

NFSProstreet/Carbon support full FF, shifter and clutch.

Burnout Paradise I don't have yet, but the demo supports FF but no shifter/clutch.

F1 Championship no FF but does work with wheel.

Japan GT 5 Prologue supports FF and shifter but no clutch yet.

Dirt has FF but no shifter/clutch.

Overall the Playseats Evolution with the G25 is by far the best arcade setup I have owned. I used to build home arcades way back to the PC days with the Act Labs wheel and shifter. I can honestly say the G25 is the best wheel I have owned. The only question will be when GT5 finally comes out, is Logitech working on a wireless wheel or something with PS3 buttons. For my setup, I don't care since I have the chair and 24" 1080p monitor right there. But yes, I wholeheartedly believe that GT5 will support the clutch. Logitech also released the G25 in Japan as the GT25 so there is some chance that this will be the final wheel. Build quality is absolute top notch. Just missing the PS3 buttons really.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts