AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys been waiting since dec 19. for my already paid for 811 receiver and no word when i will get one is anyone else getting theres or does anyone know when they will be in stock dish has terrible communication problems with there customers and every time you call you get a different story they told me the only people that got them were special test people and the units that were sent out in the past are test models only and none have been released to the public yet , has anyone else heard a story like this and is this fact or just a story . still waiting and waiting maybe charlie at dishnet work can give me a answer ????????????????

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skinnyrickt
hey guys been waiting since dec 19. for my already paid for 811 receiver and no word when i will get one is anyone else getting theres or does anyone know when they will be in stock dish has terrible communication problems with there customers and every time you call you get a different story they told me the only people that got them were special test people and the units that were sent out in the past are test models only and none have been released to the public yet , has anyone else heard a story like this and is this fact or just a story . still waiting and waiting maybe charlie at dishnet work can give me a answer ????????????????
Got mine 2 weeks ago. THe 811's are in tight supply, i was waiting a while too. It depends on when there are units in stock in your area.

BTW- i dont think charlie can give you an answer. lol he's the CEO of a 15,000 employee company- dont think he's sitting at a desk answering customer service calls- more like negotiations with Viacom are filling his days among the other things needed to run a major company.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine was installed on January 10th after a one month wait (and on the 5th reschedule). But it was worth the wait. My guests were blown away during the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dudes,

I would check with your local installers. I called dish the first week of january and they couldn't even take my order. a week after, i saw a local installer at the LA auto show and he had tons of 811 in stock. he wanted to book the unit like next day!. I ended up getting the unit installed around jan 15th.

Good luck!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Darthkim is right - I called the 1-800-dish number a couple of months ago to set up a 811 install. My install date got pushed back a couple of times because the installer they were using didn't have and 811's. Then I found out a different local installer had a pallet full of them - so I called up Dish - canceled my order and got the 811 locally.

Call all of the Dish installers in the phonebook - someone probably has a few in stock because not all installers go thru the national 1-800 number.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got mine in 6 days from Sears.. but then again I did have to pay full price for it and do the install myself using an old DirecTV dish BUT I also don't have a contract to fulfill in case something else better comes along..

I don't have the patience to wait a month or more on something I want NOW. :D

Best of luck to those on the waiting list..

Rick

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was fortunate, emailed them on friday. A corporate person emailed me back telling me they had some in my area"PA" so I told her I wanted one and she said fine. However then I told her that I had moved to FL and if it would be possible for them to mail me the receiver. To my surprize she said fine and the receiver was shiped the following day.

I hope they take care of you guys, I would be upset too if I had to weit that long for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.