AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am, giving up on the local for HD (KPIX Ch5) due to multipath rudeness and asking Dish for the HD CBS feed from L.A.

They approve it and say it's on. It's not. I call again and they say I need a waiver from KOVR Sacramento, 90 miles away. KPIX is O&O.

KOVR doesn't give waivers. They are 90 miles away.

I had the L.A. feed when I first got Dish two years ago. Not now....

The antenna worked for a while most of the time, however lots of fog means lots of multipath.

So how do I get CBS????

Argh

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Get a better antenna...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
??? you gotta be waaay outside the Grade B contour for KOVR, so there should be no need for a waiver.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Have you tried to get a waiver for the HD feed? I ran into the same problem when I called the station to ask for one. I then sat down and wrote a letter (not e-mail) to the GM making sure that he understood that I wasn't one of his viewers and finally got it.

You could also try the old moving trick (have a friend that lives farther away that will let you use their address)?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scooper: Got an 8 bay. What's better? I'm just against a hill with reflections coming from everywhere, and just below the top of the hill. Only ch2 (FOX) and 5 (CBS) are problems. The rest are fine.

(4, 7, 9, 11, 20, 36, 45, even 54 analog....)

BarryO: That's what I said. You would think 90 miles puts me outside....

rad: I was trying only for the HD feed. I was a little pissed at the Dish rep. She was just a parrot no matter what I said.

Today I'm awaiting replys from both KOVR and KPIX.... The letter thing sounds good though.

Thanks all...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.