AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question with hopefully a quick answer.....

Currently my HTPC with MCE is working extremely well, one small issue when PC is in standby mode I haven't figured out a method via remote control to wake PC. (If this is possible)

The MCE remote will turn on my Xbox 360, via the MCE button on the remote. but as of yet no luck with waking the PC.

Is it a power option within Windows I am missing...? Intel Motherboard DG965, Core 2 Duo, 6400, 2gb ram, Win XP, MCE SP2....MCE remote with IR extender.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Sloan1, How Cinemar does this is to use the benefit that the MainLobby Server PC is on 24x7. Your IR remote would communicate to the server via a IR receiver. Then, then when the server saw the "special button" that you programmed, it would send a Wake On Lan message to the HTPC to "wake up!". Of course, it could also wake up your entire theater, turn on the projector, warm things up, play a intro, call everyone down to the theater and dim the lights.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I dont know how Cinemar came up into the conversation, but it's possible your MCE IR receiver isn't plugged into a USB port that provides standby power. Try a different port, or look on the motherboard for a label or jumper that says something like '+5VSB'

·
Registered
409 Posts
check the mce faq sticky its part of the first post. but dont bother added the usbioshack part just the usbiosx will do. Do a reboot and now you can S3 all you want with your remote. (this is assuming when you first installed mce your bios was set for S3.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys thanks for the input...

Hmmm, Bios eh?....Not as simple as I had hoped or feared... for the most part I try and stay the hell out of there (the Bios)...I had the system custom built I will ask the tech as to how he set it up.

I'll try another USB port read the sticky on MCE and see where that takes me.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.