AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am looking for a wall clock to put in my basement HT and am looking for links, photo's or ideas of what everyone has or has done...I am not just stuck on an HT theme, any cool clocks would be considered...They could be Neon, Harley Davidson, or whatever....

Just looking for some cool ideas.

Thanks, Brett

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could make a wall clock out of a goldberg film reel...That would be a great custom accent, and a one of a kind touch to a home theater. Just a thought I don't know if it could be done or not....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't have a clock in my HT - but one of the things you'll need to think about is seeing the time in the dark (if you care about that).

How about finding a projector clock radio (the kind that puts the time on the ceiling or the wall) and pointing it somewhere non-distracting? Maybe find one of those old Batman alarm clocks that project the time in a bat-signal?

Another factor should be a silent mechanism - some of my wall clocks (battery powered) still make a clicking sound.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes you can do the film reel wall clock. I have seenthem on e-bay. I have a small 9" warner brothers film reel clock between two Goldberg brothers film reels. I have taken rope light and wound it around the reels like film and have it leading from one to the other. Really COOL I wish I could post pictures but I have no means to do so.

·
Registered
865 Posts
time does not exist in my HT.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Big&Tall, I send you a PM.

I don't have a clock in my theater. I normally don't want to know what time it is. It would be handy though. The whole lighting issue would be a problem though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smddoc
time does not exist in my HT.
smddoc:

I thought the same thing when someone brought a DVD of "Spice World" over to watch in my HT. :( :mad: :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought one of those chrome neon clocks that look like the ones you find in the old diners. Whats good about it is that you can turn off the neon light as not to disturb you movie viewing. Got it on ebay. Do a search on ebay for "diner clock" or "neon wall clock" They go for about $40

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, I havent taken picks of home theater yet. But if you do the search on Ebay for diner clocks or neon wall clocks you'll find them. I just checked out ebay and they are there.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I made my own clock out of a 35mm film reel. It isn't a Goldberg (I also have a Goldberg as an accessory but not as a clock). I got the clock parts from a friend who builds/repairs clocks. He said that the parts cost a couple of bucks. Anyways I had to cut out the center portion of the reel. Other than that it was pretty simple to make. Check it out....

http://www.dinotheo.com/images/house/AV%20System.JPG

Dino

·
Registered
238 Posts
I also made a clock from a 1,200ft 16mm film reel. I put a blue light in back of the reel and it looks neat when the lights are off!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.