AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted this question once with no feedback, but I guess I will try rephrasing it and hopefully get an answer.

The room I am going to use is a third-bay garage. It is only 9-1/2' wide, so I need to conserve as much wall space as possible. This is what I was going to do, but I am open to suggestions. The outside wall is block. This wall I was going to attach furring strips (1xs) every 4' or so, and place Styrofoam 4'X8' sheets in-between them. Over this I was going to place soundboard, attaching it to the furring strips and then install carpet on the lower half and GOM fabric on the upper half. Note: All the other walls will be the same, but without the Styrofoam in-between.

Will the soundboard be too absorbing on the upper half of the walls and should I use something else instead? I thought I read here that someone used drywall on the upper half of their walls, and then covered this with a batting material, and then GOM fabric. However, if I were using soundboard rather then the drywall/batting combination, would this not provide me with the same effect since the soundboard is slightly soft or is it going to absorb too much sound from my surround speakers, with not enough reflecting sound?

Thnak you as always for the kind help everyone has provided me :).

Best Regards :),

Don

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.