AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented WALL-E for the kids, and was playing it in my theater room. The last time I heard a video game with sound design like this, it was Bioshock, and it was rocking my world. Certainly, WALL-E is no Bioshock, but for those of you with really high end audio systems, you gotta peep out WALL-E, and turn your volume and bass up. Very impressive young Skywalker!

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on... nobody has tried this game? Am I the only one with kids? I'm telling ya, if you got a high end audio system, this game sounds really good. Especially the surrounds. Alot of action in the surrounds. Bioshock is the last game that made me really notice how good the sound design was. This isn't anywhere near Bioshock quality, but it's a decent rental, especially if you have young kids like I do.

If you do get this game, pop it in, and let the intro play, and don't start the game, just let the intro play, and enjoy the sound quality. Pretty freaking sweet.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I played the demo on the PS3 but did not pay any attention to the SQ , I'll load it up again and check it out next time we fire up the HT
. I did not care for the control , wall-e feels like he moves too fast and the control is not precise enough (of course this was the demo) .

-- Jason

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/14312640

I played the demo on the PS3 but did not pay any attention to the SQ , I'll load it up again and check it out next time we fire up the HT
. I did not care for the control , wall-e feels like he moves too fast and the control is not precise enough (of course this was the demo) .

-- Jason

I didn't know the PS3 had a demo of WALL-E. I'm playing the 360 version actually. I'm guessing they would have the same sound quality, but you never know.

·
Registered
836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 /forum/post/14299653

I rented WALL-E for the kids, and was playing it in my theater room. The last time I heard a video game with sound design like this, it was Bioshock, and it was rocking my world. Certainly, WALL-E is no Bioshock, but for those of you with really high end audio systems, you gotta peep out WALL-E, and turn your volume and bass up. Very impressive young Skywalker!

Turn the bass up?

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugiot /forum/post/14326688

Turn the bass up?

Sometimes I've noticed with video games that you need to turn the volume level of your subwoofer a bit higher than it's normally set for say Blu Ray movies. You don't necessarily need to turn it higher to enjoy the sound, but I've noticed if you turn your sub up a wee bit, the experience can be a bit nicer. Of course, it can vary dramatically between different games.

·
Registered
836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 /forum/post/14326950

Sometimes I've noticed with video games that you need to turn the volume level of your subwoofer a bit higher than it's normally set for say Blu Ray movies. You don't necessarily need to turn it higher to enjoy the sound, but I've noticed if you turn your sub up a wee bit, the experience can be a bit nicer. Of course, it can vary dramatically between different games.

Yes, indeed. I can see your point. It may be that games don't sound as good as movies anyway at high volumes due to the chaotic sound effects all mashed together.

·
Registered
378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work /forum/post/14326745

dude, that's pretty sweet! I'll have to check that out. But here, check out this 22 foot alligator. That's sick!

This wins the thread.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbeetlvr /forum/post/14332235

i have 1000 achievement points in WALL-E!!! Wall-E for the win!!! And yes it did have some great surround sound.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/p...g=ssmaster69er

WALL-E isn't as bad as some people might think. Normally, I consider movie/licensed games to be absolute garbage, and avoid it like the plague, but I have two young boys, and a rental pass for games at Blockbuster, so why not try some of these movie licensed games. The reviews for these games aren't very good, but I think maybe the reviewers are taking the game a bit too seriously, and not taking into consideration the target audience. A game like WALL-E allows kids to experience the world of wall-e, while they wait for the DVD to be released. It allows them to spend time in a place they enjoyed while watching the movie in a theater. It's not a horrible game. Don't get it twisted though, it's not a great game either. Basically, I would just say that it's decent, and maybe slighlty better than you would have guessed.

Kung Fu Panda isn't too bad either by the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts