AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if this is the right area for this, forgive me if its not, I am n00b.

So I bought my parents a 50" LG50PS60 1080p and wanted to get them a TV Stand, but for some reason decided to Craigslist it. Very long story short, I got hosed bad.

Essentially the person sold me this:
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=411874
http://www.whalenfurniture.com/products/nv3in1.html

Except she decided to keep the bracket for herself and made me believe that the bracket was a separate piece and that you just hang the TV on the unit WITHOUT any bracket, directly bolting it into that little square black thing.

Attached is the picture she had from Craigslist. And two other pictures that are zoom views of the bracket area. If you look at the picture from Craigslist you can see its just the black square thing.

Based on the back of the TV its not even possible to connect it like that, and even if it was possible I question its safety in fear the bolt my be stripped and the TV comes crashing down.

So my question is, can I buy any bracket and it will fit that square looking thing or do I have to contact Whalen furniture for a replacement bracket? I just wanted to buy a cheap $30-$40 one on monoprice/eforcity/etc. and put it on there.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Your picture of the square bracket isn't all that clear but as long as the mount you get has holes in it that line up with the bracket and you bolt it on I wouldn't expect any problems. Make sure the furniture and the mount you get are designed for the weight and size of the TV and you should be good.

You could contact whalen to see what a replacement costs on the off chance that it is a reasonable amount. The mount that they supply does not very beefy, based on the pic. Keep in mind the monoprice mounts are not UL tested apparently, This is not a big deal to me as I'm sure they will hold a TV, but some people worry about things like that.

Greg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopeguy /forum/post/17050213

Your picture of the square bracket isn't all that clear but as long as the mount you get has holes in it that line up with the bracket and you bolt it on I wouldn't expect any problems. Make sure the furniture and the mount you get are designed for the weight and size of the TV and you should be good.

You could contact whalen to see what a replacement costs on the off chance that it is a reasonable amount. The mount that they supply does not very beefy, based on the pic. Keep in mind the monoprice mounts are not UL tested apparently, This is not a big deal to me as I'm sure they will hold a TV, but some people worry about things like that.

Greg

Thanks a ton. Ideally I would love to go with Whalen, but if they charge $100 for the mount then I would probably go with Monoprice. The TV Stand should support up to 65" and 160lbs and this TV is 50" and listed at 90lbs so I should be alright. I don't know what UL means, but I have heard good things about the monoprice mounts so hopefully it will work out.

I don't have any option to rep or thank you, I don't even know if that exists here at AVSForum, but thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts