AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, allow me to apologize up and down if this is the WRONG place to post this question. I did a search and found posts about wall mounts in various areas and just chose this one and crossed my fingers.

I would like to mount my TV but am having a hard time figuring out what kind of mount to buy. I know I want a swivel mount, but I know that depending on the type of TV one has, it requires a certain type of mount.

I have the Toshiba 40RV525U 40" TV. What exactly should I be looking for in a mount when I shop for one? I guess there's a VESA compatibility thing I need to be looking for? I know my television says it's "VESA 300x400" but honestly I'm retarded when it comes to such things, or shall I say ignorant and I'm not sure what that means.

Can someone please alleviate my ignorance and explain to me what information I need before shopping around? If anything, I'll have learned something today.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Welcome dooda, when looking for a mount just make sure it support a 40", 45 lbs and is VESA compilance (which most support this specs). Monoprice offer different swivel type mounts (at a reasonable price) as other name brands like Peerless , Sanus , Omnimount and Chief (at a higher price but also with extra features).

Any one of name place mention above will work. It just depend on how much of a swivel (angle) you want (e.g 40 degree or 60 degree). Or how far you want to extend from the wall (e.g 11", 16", 20", 25"....). And some front plate are solid or has opening for easy cable run.

I suggest the first thing to do is figure where you plan to mount this (hopefully you are working with wood studs). Then use a stud finder to locate the two studs (to find how far apart the two studs are). This measurement will help determine the if wall mount plate will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your help. Like many of the posts I read on here, I'm a newb and drooling over the idea of setting up a modest setup that will still make me all tingly.

I figured I'd start with the mount and work my way up to a sound system so I have a lot more reading to do and shopping, etc. For someone who considers themselves a gadget whore, I have an awful lot to learn about AV.

Thanks again for your help, JChin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts