AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount my projector to a 8" wall beam that is directly below the ceiling. I don't want to mount to the ceiling. I want to basically put my projector on the ceiling upside down with some support underneath.

I could not find any ready solutions for this type of setup and I could not find proper brackets in either Home Depot or Lowe's.

What other stores might have something usable?

My projector is Optoma HD-20, it is ~13" long, 4" tall, and 9" deep. I will also need to leave ~2.5" between the wall and the back of the projector.

thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check out the wall shelves from Omnimount. I picked up the black swivel shelf with a thick glass shelf. Super high quality and very durable. I think I paid about $50.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave12285 /forum/post/21299793

Here they are
http://www.omnimount.com/Product/Wall_Furniture/ECS/

thanks!

if I only could buy those brackets without a shelf, that would be ideal...

I am afraid the shelf is too thick and won't leave much space for the projector, since the projector is 4" and will have to be inserted between the shelf and the ceiling. The brackets could also be a little shorter, not 9" but 6-7".

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can't find the brackets right now, only the shelf, but i believe the actual brackets are smaller and the cap is about 9". Also, because you're mounting into a stud, you can easily use one of the two holes in the mounting brackets thereby letting you shift the shelf downward 3-4". The bolts and bracket are very sturdy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts