AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm wall mounting my LCD next weekend. Up to this point, my plan was to install a recessed outlet next to the wall mount and plug the LCD in.

However, I'd prefer to plug the LCD into a switched outlet on my Panamax conditioner.

The simple answer is to run the LCD power cord into the wall at the tv, out of the wall at the bottom and then plug it into the Panamax.

Now.... inherently, this seems to be an improper thing to do. Enough so to warrant an internet search. Doing so brings up various terms such as CL2, CL3, plenum ratings, as well as terms such as "hope your insurance doesn't find out."

Given the propietary connection of my Sharp Aquos, my desire to filter the power through my Panamax and my desire to not have a power cord dangling down from my TV, what's the proper way to handle this?

Also, Panamax will be located in a Sanus lowboy directly below the LCD.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

·
Registered
60 Posts
Panamax has an in-wall solution for this purpose. It may be a bit overpriced but should work for what you are trying to accomplish. You can also get wiring modules to run your video into the same outlet box. Here's a link .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.