AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help trying to find a wall mount for the Yamaha YSP-1100. I just picked up one of these units and want to mount it below my TV but I can't seem to find the wall mount for it anywhere. Has the SPM-K1 been discontinued? If so, does anyone have the knowledge to know if the SPM-K30 or other yamaha mounts will work? I've searched ebay and other sites and nothing comes up. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawaf88 /forum/post/20770687

I need some help trying to find a wall mount for the Yamaha YSP-1100. I just picked up one of these units and want to mount it below my TV but I can't seem to find the wall mount for it anywhere. Has the SPM-K1 been discontinued? If so, does anyone have the knowledge to know if the SPM-K30 or other yamaha mounts will work? I've searched ebay and other sites and nothing comes up. Thanks in advance

Will this type of mount be what you're looking for? Your sound bar can be mounted either above or below your TV.
http://www.onecall.com/product/Sound...ket/_/R-105155

I'll be purchasing one of these mounts for my use in a few days since my plasma will be wall mounted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. That one looks interesting but I would prefer the yamaha mount. The YSP-1100 weighs about 30lbs so I'm not sure if that universal mount would hold up something that heavy. Also how does it mount on the back of the tv if you are using those holes for the tv mount?

·
Registered
183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawaf88 /forum/post/20771197

Also how does it mount on the back of the tv if you are using those holes for the tv mount?

Well the bracket isn't plastic, but pretty strong metal. So it may hold your sound bar. This is from the spec sheet that is viewable on their web site:

Detailed Specifications:

Made from high quality 12 gauge steel.

Laser cut.

Powder coated for durability.

Each bracket set includes bolts with washers and nuts for attaching them to the back of the TV and for attaching the soundbar to the brackets.
Holds speakers up to 35 lbs.

The spec sheet also states:
The soundbar brackets are bolted into the same mounting holes as the mounting bars on the back of the TV.

Frequently Asked Questions

Will they fit my TV and/or speaker?

Our brackets were designed to be as universal as physically possible and have been purchased and installed on countless models of TV's and Soundbar/speakers with success across the board. They just work. We cannot verify any TV/Soundbar combination as we are unable to test every TV and Soundbar on the market.

They should work for your installation if your soundbar has any sort of wall mounting option and your TV isn't too big. If the TV is too big the brackets won't be long enough to span the distance between the TV's mounting holes and the soundbar's mounting holes. Maximum distance is 17 1/2 inches.

The bracket isn't long enough to span the top and bottom bolts holes on the back of my TV.

They're not supposed to. See the installation instructions for a diagram. Each bracket is held to the TV by 1 bolt.

What if I don't have bolts for the back of my TV.

Soundbar Brackets come with bolts for attaching the soundbar to the brackets and also for attaching the brackets to the TV. Many TV's come with bolts already in the holes in the back of the TV. If you're using an additional TV wall mount you should use the bolts that come with that other mount.

How are others using these?

Online Survey Results

TV left on stand, with SB mounted above: 34%

TV left on stand, with SB hanging below: 3%
TV wall mounted, with SB mounted above: 8%

TV wall mounted, with SB hanging below: 55%

675 votes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it doesn't hold your speaker bar, return it for a refund. Call their customer service first and talk to that guy Anthony (the sales rep) that is doing the presentation in the video for you to watch. I'm sure he will answer your questions.

For mounting on to the TV, it looks like you would use the same holes that will hold the wall mount piece. Mount the universal bracket on top of the wall mount piece that goes on the TV. Then bolt into place and adjust your desired height that you want your sound bar to be. The screws should be long enough to hold the bracket and the wall mount section that attaches to your TV. Did you have a look at the video examples?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzspot /forum/post/20771376

Well the bracket isn't plastic, but pretty strong metal. So it may hold your sound bar. This is from the spec sheet that is viewable on their web site:

Detailed Specifications:

Made from high quality 12 gauge steel.

Laser cut.

Powder coated for durability.

Each bracket set includes bolts with washers and nuts for attaching them to the back of the TV and for attaching the soundbar to the brackets.
Holds speakers up to 35 lbs.

The spec sheet also states:
The soundbar brackets are bolted into the same mounting holes as the mounting bars on the back of the TV.

Frequently Asked Questions

Will they fit my TV and/or speaker?

Our brackets were designed to be as universal as physically possible and have been purchased and installed on countless models of TV's and Soundbar/speakers with success across the board. They just work. We cannot verify any TV/Soundbar combination as we are unable to test every TV and Soundbar on the market.

They should work for your installation if your soundbar has any sort of wall mounting option and your TV isn't too big. If the TV is too big the brackets won't be long enough to span the distance between the TV's mounting holes and the soundbar's mounting holes. Maximum distance is 17 1/2 inches.

The bracket isn't long enough to span the top and bottom bolts holes on the back of my TV.

They're not supposed to. See the installation instructions for a diagram. Each bracket is held to the TV by 1 bolt.

What if I don't have bolts for the back of my TV.

Soundbar Brackets come with bolts for attaching the soundbar to the brackets and also for attaching the brackets to the TV. Many TV's come with bolts already in the holes in the back of the TV. If you're using an additional TV wall mount you should use the bolts that come with that other mount.

How are others using these?

Online Survey Results

TV left on stand, with SB mounted above: 34%

TV left on stand, with SB hanging below: 3%
TV wall mounted, with SB mounted above: 8%

TV wall mounted, with SB hanging below: 55%

675 votes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it doesn't hold your speaker bar, return it for a refund. Call their customer service first and talk to that guy Anthony (the sales rep) that is doing the presentation in the video for you to watch. I'm sure he will answer your questions.

For mounting on to the TV, it looks like you would use the same holes that will hold the wall mount piece. Mount the universal bracket on top of the wall mount piece that goes on the TV. Then bolt into place and adjust your desired height that you want your sound bar to be. The screws should be long enough to hold the bracket and the wall mount section that attaches to your TV. Did you have a look at the video examples?

Nice! I did take a look at the video and this is a real option. If I go with this mount I wouldn't have to put more holes into the wall. I'll be getting my soundbar Thursday so i'll have to take a look at the back to make sure there is a place to hang it from for the mount. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawaf88 /forum/post/20772441

Nice! I did take a look at the video and this is a real option. If I go with this mount I wouldn't have to put more holes into the wall. I'll be getting my soundbar Thursday so i'll have to take a look at the back to make sure there is a place to hang it from for the mount. Thanks for the help

You're welcome! As I mentioned earlier, call them to ensure your sound bar's make and model and your TV's make and model is compatible with this sound bar bracket. As well as the make and model of your TV's wall mount. I'm sure they won't have you purchase this product if there is an incompatibility issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.