AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to spend about $1000 to $1500 for wall mountable speakers.

I reviewed the sound & vision's summary. It looks like the paradigm monitor 5 series would be a good choice for a 7.1 setup. What do you think?

Other speakers that I'm conisdering are NHT, Definitive Technology, Infinity, Gallo Nucleus.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I had a much easier time picking a TV (Pannasonic 42 EDTV) and receiver (either Denon 3803 or HK 7200). For a while, I was also considering in-walls, but thought the on-walls would be a better choice.

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Around $2K for 7 speakers. I'll consider the price of the subwoofer seperately.

Took a look at the paradigms. Compared them B&W inwalls. Both seemed nice. So, I'm back considering inwalls. I'm having a hard time focusing on the right set of speakers, especially since by rear centers will have to be ceiling mounted, and the rear L/R's also might have to be center mounted (the room makes it difficult to place the rear L and R speakers in the same line). So, I'm considering purchase inwalls that can be directed. B&W speakers can't. OTOH, Niles, Klipsch and some of the other inwalls can.

Again, any suggestion for inwalls or onwalls would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have paradigm ADP-370s for rear and side surrounds. They are mounted on the walls. They are dipoles (albait "adaptive" ones), so you have to like a sound field as opposed to a point source, but if you do (like I do), the adp's are great performers. They are about $6-700 per pair.

Eric.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.