AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RCA/InFocus 61" thin DLP unit (HD61THW263/61md10), that I want to wall mount on a tilt. Has anyone found a swivel mount for this unit?

The company sells a flat wall mount, but I need to tilt the entire unit down about 8 degrees. Remember that the viewing chassis is not centered; that is, the screen is the top 2/3 and the engine is the bottom 1/3.

Any help? Thanks

HW Lam

apt at cabida com

·
Registered
310 Posts
Why not simply offset your wall mount by mounting the top bracket further out from the wall with a 2x4 and flush mount the bottom bracket to the wall stud?

Obviously, you may need to adjust the amount of offset to achieve the desired tilt.

Another way would be to used long lag bolts and use two sets of nuts to adjust the top mount away from the wall. One nut to adjust the depth, the other to "lock" it in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of a tilt mount that could easily be adjusted. Peerless has this,

-peerlessindustries com profile2 cfm?ut=I&id=ST660

but they don't think it would work. I was hoping somebody had done this.

-rca com product viewdetail 0,2588,PI701121-CI700221,00.html?

The RCA mount is flat, of course...I could offset it... the mount holes are actually bottom up, meaning the screen will be top heavy, which should favor a tilt mount like the Peerless. Looking for someone who has done this.

Thanks

(sorry for the cryptic url's - the board won't let me post my sources)

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWL
I was hoping somebody had done this.
Not many of your set have been sold so comments here about them have been rare. You might try a RCA thread.

Why are you mounting such a big set high enough to need a tilt?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I design broadcast facilities and need it high enough that the TD can see it and switch, and the director in back can see over their head. The TD sits 4 foot back and the director 8". Existing commercial electrical switches on the wall have limited my horizontal placement to about a 42" minimum. It displays a multiscreen processor with 16 SDI inputs (and audio).

These have been out almost a year, to my knowledge.

Where can I find an RCA thread (or InFocus, its the same unit)?

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
You might also try another thread in this forum with a subject that makes it clear what you are looking for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWL
I have an RCA/InFocus 61" thin DLP unit (HD61THW263/61md10), that I want to wall mount on a tilt. Has anyone found a swivel mount for this unit?

The company sells a flat wall mount, but I need to tilt the entire unit down about 8 degrees. Remember that the viewing chassis is not centered; that is, the screen is the top 2/3 and the engine is the bottom 1/3.

Any help? Thanks

HW Lam

apt at cabida com
The somewhat recent woot thread buying these TVs mentions several owners that have used the Omnimount U3 Tiltmount.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.