AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my tv and want to mount this in my bedroom between the bathroom door and the closet. I was looking around at mounts and I found a couple cheap ones that got good reviews from peerless, SF640 for flat and ST635 for tilt. I was reading a couple other threads and apparently I need to make sure my tv will work with these mounts. They said it needs to say VESA compatible. I could not find that anywhere on the website or in the manual for the tv. Naturally the manual says to only use the official items.

So can anyone tell me if those mounts would work before I actually order it? Also, it looks like you mount part to the wall, part to the tv, and slide it in from the side, correct? Any help or recommendations on mounts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
A VESA compatible mount refers to the industry standard layout of the 4 mounting screws on the back of your TV, measured in millimeters.

More details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Di...ting_Interface . The distance between the 4 mounting holes in are mm, horizontal x vertical.

For example, on my Panasonic 32lx85, the horizontal mounting screws were about 8 inches apart which equates to 200mm. Vertical screws measured about 4 in apart or 100mm.

I looked for a 200x100 VESA mount capable of holding at least the weight of the TV (35 lbs). I really wanted to see the mount before I purchased it to judge the build quality and ensure it wasn't flimsy. I used this $59 articulating wall mount from Wal Mart . It is very sturdy and stable. No sagging or flexing, even at full extension. Install was straightforward, required only one stud, and took 30 min.

There is a big LCD Wallmount thread here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=837291

·
Registered
53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnugz /forum/post/15585964

I finally got my tv and want to mount this in my bedroom between the bathroom door and the closet. I was looking around at mounts and I found a couple cheap ones that got good reviews from peerless, SF640 for flat and ST635 for tilt. I was reading a couple other threads and apparently I need to make sure my tv will work with these mounts. They said it needs to say VESA compatible. I could not find that anywhere on the website or in the manual for the tv. Naturally the manual says to only use the official items.

So can anyone tell me if those mounts would work before I actually order it? Also, it looks like you mount part to the wall, part to the tv, and slide it in from the side, correct? Any help or recommendations on mounts would be appreciated.

I have the same set, last years model 62U, and Iam looking for a mount also. I was all set to get the tilting model from monoprice until I realized that the back panel would block my power and cable wall plates. I need something durable but inexpensive with an opening. i also can't decide whether to go with just a tilt or an articulating. I really only need the tilt as I don't want it to stick out too far, but I've read that some mounts make it difficult to hook the cables up.

Please post if you find something or anyone else if you've got recs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts