AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to self install a after market wall bracket. MonoPrice has some good prices on brackets. I can't find the info (screw locations,etc on back of set) in the manual. I looked thru FAQ's with no luck. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You need to be more specific on your question. What are you really asking? The mounting bracket is attach to the studs with four screws. The two hanging brackets are attach to back panel with 4 M8 1.25tread 40mm screws. If you wish to have use the Allen head then go to Home Depot and pick them up for couple bucks. I hope this will help you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I feel bad for you when there are 30 something views and no single reply to your post. I know that it's tough on this board if you don't post the right questions. Please be specific on the quetions and use the search button it can help you alot. Anyway, if you need specific mounting location for you 42px60 it's on the panasonic website.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks P/P. I was trying to find info on mounting the bracket to the back of the plasma tv. My manual does not have any info on this. I also looked on the Panasonic web site and could not find what I was looking for,especially the size of the screws and their location on the back of the tv. There are 4 plastic caps on the back of the set that cover deep holes. I shone a flash light in there and there appears to be treads deep inside. Are these the M8 1.25tread 40mm screws that I need?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I hope the monoprice brackets are not like those cheap brackets on Amazon by Peerless.

I had a friend buy one and we mounted the plasm only to have it stick out 3 inches extra from the wall and the tilt mechanism could not support the weight despite claiming it could support almost double the plasma.

Good luck and comment back to us, b/c the monoprice bracket does not appear so hot by looks alone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
. There are 4 plastic caps on the back of the set that cover deep holes. I shone a flash light in there and there appears to be treads deep inside. Are these the M8 1.25tread 40mm screws that I need?[/quote]

Yes, remove the four plastic covers and the M8 are the right screws for them. While mentioning the Monoprice mount, I just installed one for my friend. It isn't the best design mount or offers a nice tilting mechanism, but it will do if you will only be tilting it at certain angle and let it sit at that position. The only drawback of the mount is the tilting mechanisms. They use two wing nuts to stop the tilts from moving. As for the dept of the mount I think it's about the same for other universal mounts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again P/P. It looks like the wall mounts usually come with the mounting hardware (M8 bolts). I did not know that there is a VESA STANDARD for flat screen TVs. The bolts were in the STANDARD also. Thanks again for these message boards, sometimes I can get lost trying to find the simplest info.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellaby /forum/post/0

Thanks P/P. I was trying to find info on mounting the bracket to the back of the plasma tv. My manual does not have any info on this. I also looked on the Panasonic web site and could not find what I was looking for,especially the size of the screws and their location on the back of the tv. There are 4 plastic caps on the back of the set that cover deep holes. I shone a flash light in there and there appears to be treads deep inside. Are these the M8 1.25tread 40mm screws that I need?

Usually, a good wall mounting bracket will have a selection of screws in various lengths to attach it to the back of the Plasma, and sometimes will have spacers in case the Plasma has lumps or raised areas that might interfere with the bracket.

Those four plastic covers are indeed over the wall bracket mounting locations, and since they bottom out it's very important that the screws you choose do not bottom out in those holes when tightening the bracket to the back of the TV because they can punch through into the interior of the Plasma, or possibly force the threaded inserts loose from the Plasma's chassis. Test the various lengths first, then when you find the length that treads in several turns without bottomin out be sure to hread all of these screws in by hand then when they're snug, tighten them down with the tool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.