AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am going to get a pair of Pioneer BS21( I am aware the 22's are better but for $60 why not ) and I know they are not designed to be rear mounted to a wall. From selling car stereo years ago I know the port is used to tune the frequency of the sub so assuming this is true if I were to mount them using a keyhole bracket the bass would be affected but what about the mids and highs? I have a JBL ES-250 bass is not an issue my front stage consists of BIC 62vsi and soon to get BIC DV52 CLR. From what I have read I am hoping the Pio's would blend in with the rest of the system.I could build a shelf but I am trying to take up as little space as possible.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:
but what about the mids and highs?
Potential cancellation in the frequency range that radiate behind the speaker. ( 1/2 wave cancellation due to 1/4 reflection )

Controlled by absorption.

See Ethan Winer

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I am interested in reading the thread concerning this but which one by Ethan there are many? Assuming there is some cancellation what frequencies would be most affected? The Pio's will be for rear surround back in a 7.1 set up. When I sold car stereo I was always told how important setting up the front stage and having rear fill does this still hold true for home theater? I am not expecting perfection concerning the cost of the speakers I have, regardless of anything the system I am putting together completely walks all over the Bose Lifestyle 25 system I use to have for considerably less money.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Apologies for not being specific on the Ethan Winer ( video ) ... Still looking for exact link.

In the mean time:
http://www.genelec.com/learning-center/presentations-tutorials/placingloudspeakers/wallcancellation/
http://www.genelec.com/faq/acoustical/52-i-am-not-getting-enough-bass/

HF won't be affected.

Low Bass will be reinforced and upper bass/mids are likely to be affected, because the radiator distance to wall ( 1/4 wavelength distance causing a 1/2 wavelength cancellation ).

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts