Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

This is my new design for a adjustable wall bracket. Unlike my 1st design where you had to find a stud to lag the stanley shelf bracket to the wall, this design uses a wall bracket that is stepped and can be attached to 2 wall studs. The projector mount has a step clip on it and sits on the wall bracket This will allow the projector to slide left and right to center it to the screen. The lower hole on the projector will have an adjustable foot to provide support and fine adjustment for leveling the projector.

Here are 5 photos showing how it is built. this bracket requires some welding, but it is not very difficult to build.

Here is a photo of the completed mount. In the foreground, the photo shows the raw flat stock used to build it.

4 more detail photos to follow.

Al

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Photo 5.

This photo shows the bracket that spans the 2 mounting holes at the rear of the projector. washers are used to level the bracket to the projector. The rear rubber foot holds the bracket tight. When the rear cross bolts are tight, the pressure holds it to the projector bracket.

Al

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice job. Be sure to post more when it is up and working to see the completed project!

On a side note...Can you tell me what the approximate distance is between the two back screws (side to side).

Cannot wait to get mine.

C. Ryan

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi CRyanB,

Thank You.

Couldn't find any wall mounts that met my needs. A shelf just doesn't work right, and doesn't provide a secure way to hold and adjust the HS20, so designed this one.

The rear bracket mounting holes are 6 3/8" center to center.

Will be installing this the weekend after next. Don't want to pull the projector down until after the Super Bowl.

Al

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BOBCAT

Couldn't find any wall mounts. ...

Al
Bobcat, Nice workable wall mount.

In case you aren't aware, there are a few good wall mounts available - including the chief RPA series wall mount for the HS10/HS20. Chief part number is WMA-300 for the wall mount with RPA attachment RPA-2131. There are other brands out there too.

chiefmfg.com/product_display.asp?id=4301

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.