AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any personal experience with the products from Walltalkers , particularly their Nu-Vu-Rite "dry erase & projection screen wallcoverings?"

Now I have no particular desire to write on my (future) home theater screen, but as a self-adhesive wallcovering (in 50" and 60" widths), I could see some people being intrigued by the option -- provided that the price/performance ratio was favorable.

("Bi-directional lenticular embossed vinyl" ... sounds cool to me!)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I guess I can take that as a big "no" huh? The stuff is not inexpensive... but maybe I'll call and see if they'll send a sample.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few years ago we bought some of the "eraserite" version from Walltalkers which was the inbetween product at the time, 1/2 between one that was primarily for projecting but you could write on it vs. one that was primarily for writing but you could project on it.

We put it up in two classrooms with mixed success. The biggest problem we had was our custodial staffs idea of cleaning it was, go though the motions and if it is clean great, if not they did their part.

Consequently the eraserite always looked dirty because it was used mostly as a white board, and then didn't look that great when projecting cause it was always messy.

When it WAS clean it was a compromise--it did have a moderate hot spot, but of course nothing like a conventional white board surface. It was okay I guess, I doubt if it had a gain of 1 especially when dirty, so with anbient light high enough to write it took a lit of lumens to make a decent picture, which adds to the moderate hot spot....it's always somthing!

I'm revisiting the issue now because I've got problems in rooms where the screen needs to be in the same place as the board and faculty are UNHAPPY (their normal state-but more so than usual).

On another list I asked about combo products and a tech from a univ. that was using it in their art department said their faculty were happy with it, but did say that the best cleaning product they used was the one from the manufacturer.

If you come across another product or gather new insite I'd like to know cause I've got to do something.

Michael Allen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.