AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a local decision, I am not sure. But I've tried to buy DVD-Ram media from our local Walmart for several weeks now. The display tag on the front of the shelf says 3 pak of DVD rams for $12.97 but they are never there. Yesterday I finally asked the salesperson. She scanned the tag and it reported that this item would no longer be stocked. She didn't know if this was a chain wide decision or one made locally.

Has anyone else checked their local Walmart? If it is a chain wide decision, it certainly is a cause for concern. Especially since I just bought the e100.

This is strange because DVD recorders are just now catching fire, and Walmart may be making a short sighted decision.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I couldn't find any on their website either but since I just saw -r and +r perhaps my search wasn't so thorough or they don't sell it through their site.

Cirucuit city has them 5/19.99 this week in my area.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yep. Ciruit city has them online for that price by me as well. They were in stock for online ordering as of last night.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
All the local WalMarts still have them and are still getting them in here (west texas)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Aide
She scanned the tag and it reported that this item would no longer be stocked.
It's also possible that that particular stock number would no longer be carried, however it doesn't mean that the entire DVD-RAM line (from any manufacturer) would no longer be available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is probably correct. I just checked out my local store. (Eastern Iowa) They did not carry the 3 pack jewel case anymore. (upc - 25215 62417) They did just receive a 3 pack DVD case for the same price. (upc - 25215 62408) Maybe that's the route they are going.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
hmm...here in Austin, TX, I just had the choice of the jewel cases or the DVD cases. Same price and brand, just different storage. Picked up the DVD cases tonight (bought my E80H and my return period ended on Dec 31, too late for the promotion :()

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Which promotion? The "2 DVD-RAM and 8 DVD-R" promo is valid for purchases through March 31, 2004. I still have the PDF.. (The PDF has Crutchfield on it, but they say they reproduced it with permission from Panasonic.)

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
that's the one, but many calls to Panasonic (see other thread) confirms that the promotion has ended. I had it too, and I think it said that the promotion could end without notice or something similiar.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
This may well explain the great deal I'd received from Walmart a couple of weeks ago (3 Maxell DVD-Ram in jewel cases for 2.00).

This was evidently a "Blow Out" sale, but I can't understand as to why? As far as I could see, the Ram inventory was turning over quite nicely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.