AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Walt Disney Treasures: Davy Crockett with no number stamp on metal case. I bought it at Sam's in Tulsa, OK

Does this mean there were 150,001 made?

Is it more valuable than the price I paid?

David

·
Registered
826 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am sure. I keep the blue band inside the case.

I will scan a picture of it tonight and post it tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
826 Posts
Interesting. Looks like a mistake on Disney's part. I don't know if that makes it worth any more though. If you care, you could complain to Disney that your copy doesn't seem to be so "limited" since it isn't even numbered.

Or maybe they are now printing more unnumbered copies, but if they still come in tins that would seem to defeat the purpose. I always thought they may eventually produce additional copies but in a normal keepcase without the commemorative "limited" tin packaging.

BTW, to get an image to appear in your post via a link to it somewhere else here are the instructions:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/misc....bbcode#imgcode

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not care if it is worth any more.

Just thought it was an interesting topic when a lot people in the forum are so concerned with the packaging of DVD's.

I personally could care less about the packaging.

I purchased this disc on February 21, 2002 so I doubt it was an additional copy.

I just thought this is interesting that they are numbered and this one isn't.

Thanks for your reply.

David

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I don't know... misprinted stamps often wind up being worth a fortune (remember the one with the upside-down airplane?) and Disney stuff is generally collectible in kind of a fake, designed way. You might have a "collectible" that is legitimately collectible, if you know what I mean... :)

Fred

BTW- I saw a copy of this used yesterday- I'm going back to look at it again!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.