AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble picking up DirecTV 101 and 119 via my plus oval dish. I want to buy 2 round dishes and try it.

Can someone tell me what dishes are available for doing this? Unfortunatly I sold my round dish whenever I got my oval. I see Sony still sells a Dual LNB round dish ( click here ). But it says it is for 101. But I dont think that matters, right?

Thanks for the help.

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Easley:
I am having trouble picking up DirecTV 101 and 119 via my plus oval dish. I want to buy 2 round dishes and try it.

Can someone tell me what dishes are available for doing this? Unfortunatly I sold my round dish whenever I got my oval. I see Sony still sells a Dual LNB round dish ( click here ). But it says it is for 101. But I dont think that matters, right?

Thanks for the help.

Any round dish will do. You can get one (or two) from Circuit City or Best Buy for $50

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would one of these work?

I'm sure it will work for picking up 101, but will it work for 119?

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use 2 76 cm dishes, good for reducing rain fade problems.

They cost $50 each from Stark... see URL
http://www.starkelectronic.com/wing2.htm

The winegard dish is well built, much better then the Channelmaster oval. I found that the plastic parts on oval dish changed shape after a while in the elements.

The 76 cm ones are big so you will need the room to mount them. They also come with heavy duty mounts.

My 2 dish system works much better now.

Good luck,

Pat

------------------

HDjunky

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Easley:
Would one of these work?

I'm sure it will work for picking up 101, but will it work for 119?

It works with 119, too. I have a two 18-in round dish set up with a 2X1 switch (which works with one receiver).

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pat,

I assume (looking at starkelectronic.com) that these do NOT come with a dual LNB right?

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
239 Posts
Steve,

You're welcome for the tip. I can't take credit for the idea as I got it from another thread here on the list. I am happy however to be able to pass it on. Hope you are able to get up and running soon.

------------------

Casey

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Steve,

Yes, the price is without LNB, just use the ones you have on the oval dish.

You can do also as Casey suggested. I did the same for a while. Just put the LNB in the center position and set the tilt to 0 or just horizontal and aim it like any other dish. Get a 60 or 76 cm dish for the 119 degree sat. It generally is weaker then the 101 bird, and helps with the rain fade.

Pat

------------------

HDjunky

·
Registered
239 Posts
Steve,

You could keep the Oval dish and use it for 101 (or 119) and then simply add a round dish for the other satellite. The oval dish will minimize rain fade on one of the satellites. I just added a second dish for 119. It is a single lnb dish from Circuit City. I got it for $19.99 as a closeout and it was new in an unopened box. I then added a 22kHz switch to switch between the 2 sats. Good luck

------------------

Casey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.