AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
Silva741 - very cool work, thanks for sharing it. This is SketchUp as the base model? What's doing the rendering?

Are you able to take scan in (or otherwise use) real elements like actual carpet samples, actual wood trim and colors etc and have them accurately displayed in your renderings for the most photo-realistic 3D renderings possible which will best represent the actual room?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Silva741 - very cool work, thanks for sharing it. This is SketchUp as the base model? What's doing the rendering?

Are you able to take scan in (or otherwise use) real elements like actual carpet samples, actual wood trim and colors etc and have them accurately displayed in your renderings for the most photo-realistic 3D renderings possible which will best represent the actual room?

I am fairly certain he can use photos. The wall fabric and carpet in post 16 are essentially identical to photo's I sent him., so am guessing he imported them somehow.

He does use Sketchup 8.0, not sire about the rendering software.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #106

Hi lovingdvd, and thanks. Yes, the rooms I’m showing here were fully built with SketchUp, and rendered with vray.

Regarding real elements like carpet samples, wood textures, and so on, for sure, the more the merrier. The objective is always to give the person the closest to photo-realistic images of what his/her room would look like with colors A, B and C, carpets F, G and H. or whatever else the person wants to try.

Of course, it also depends of the quality of the original “scans”, and what each person needs. Sometimes the room’s owner just wants to see a quick test without need to be 100% real, just like the example kmhvball posted, others insist in seeing it as close to real as possible. My record so far for a single room is trying 10 different carpets, from 3 different angles. :) A bit of work, but it's certainly better to see it beforehand than later regret it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi lovingdvd, and thanks. Yes, the rooms I’m showing here were fully built with SketchUp, and rendered with vray.

Regarding real elements like carpet samples, wood textures, and so on, for sure, the more the merrier. The objective is always to give the person the closest to photo-realistic images of what his/her room would look like with colors A, B and C, carpets F, G and H. or whatever else the person wants to try.

Of course, it also depends of the quality of the original “scans”, and what each person needs. Sometimes the room’s owner just wants to see a quick test without need to be 100% real, just like the example kmhvball posted, others insist in seeing it as close to real as possible. My record so far for a single room is trying 10 different carpets, from 3 different angles. :) A bit of work, but it's certainly better to see it beforehand than later regret it.
just sent PM!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Been busy with a ton of stuff lately, but here are the promised animated gifs of the color schemes testing. To avoid big files I made the gifs just with some of the renders, but it should give an idea of what Dizzy49 had in mind. I like several of the schemes, but my favorite are the red ones. I'm quite happy with these, and the Erskine design is as usual quite beautiful.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Model for those Palliser seats

Hi Silva,
The home theater renders I've seen from you are fantastic! Very well done sir.

I was wondering, would you mind sharing any of the Sketchup models you have done so I could use the Palliser seats in them? Or, if you created models of just the chairs, those would work great too. Either way, whatever you are willing to share!

I have a basic Sketchup model of our theater layout and the riser we're working on designing with a row of 4 seats with a bar behind it with bar stools, and the chairs layout in the kmhvhall theater is exactly what we are considering: curved outer seats with a loveseat pair in the middle. Just can't decide if we want the curved outer seats or not, and having the model of the chairs would really help us visualize how well they would fit (or not fit!).

I still don't have 15 posts yet (this one makes 10!), so I couldn't PM you.

Many thanks in advance,
Terry Porter
GoldenEar Triton Twos, SuperSat 6C, 4 SuperSat 3 surrounds, Denon AVR-X4000, Panasonic AE-8000U
Carada 110" 1.78:1 Criterion Screen - Classic Cinema White

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
A few images of another room, in this case a theater without an AT wall, to maximize the available space. The person wanted at least 12 seats, which I think is excessive, at least if using individual seats, but even so, it was an interesting design exercise, different from the typical AT wall look. The room had several limitations, but my work was focused mostly on the front of the room, and testing different seating layouts.

Preliminary tests, testing the front wall color (and speaker grills ON/OFF).

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
The room’s owner already had a full set of speakers, the System 8200e, from Atlantic Technology, which I also modeled. With the speakers being visible it was important to model them reasonably accurately, to have a proper representation of the room.

Some of the seating layouts we tested.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Long time since my previous post here, kmhvball’s room kept me quite busy...
Anyway, still some work to do regarding the columns and a few other things, but in any case I’ll leave here a few renders.

I completed most of my theater room, and it isn't exactly like this picture, but certainly I think you can see the resemblance. I ended up not having sufficient room for the column Sconces, so, did the LED lights. The photo Silva did on the door, helped spur some discussion with my wife on 'movie posters', so ,added those into the mix of wall decor.

Just thought I would share a largely final product based on work done with Silva741.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I just went through your thread very impressive I wish I had your computer skills before I finished my room. Your HT room turned out great and looks just like the picture you did on your computer. Great job!!! I'm sure your going to get a lot people asking you for your help.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
This thread itself is by Silva741, he has done all the 3d & Rendering images in it, I don't have the skills to do that stuff!

My theater build was a separate thing, but some of the early planning work, was this design type work with Silva741. He mapped out various layouts and color schemes for me, which I then used to determine my final theater layout.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
This thread itself is by Silva741, he has done all the 3d & Rendering images in it, I don't have the skills to do that stuff!

My theater build was a separate thing, but some of the early planning work, was this design type work with Silva741. He mapped out various layouts and color schemes for me, which I then used to determine my final theater layout.

Thanks thats good to know and your room is pretty sweet man!!!

101 - 120 of 306 Posts