AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have samsung's new line of hdtv tantus tvs? im looking at the TSL2795HF 27 incher. its good high definition but also has every top of the line tv features. PIP (split screen or corner), you can even listen to headphones for one of the channels and have the audio playing the other channel, Dolby Surround, 4:3 but also can do 16:9 good, upconverts 480i to 480p, Component inputs, side panel with A/V s-video and headphones. yada yada yada. its a little big but i guess the bigger the better- especially when the bigger is hd. anyone seen it? have it? please respond

keep in mind i got a 20" regular tube now. this will be huge! but the cords for the controllers are 9.5 feet so its all good

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
S---T---A---Y

A---W---A---Y

F---R---O---M

S---A---M---S---U---N---G

!---!---!---!---!---!---!

------------------
ADebars>
Mitsubishi WT-46807 Widescreen HDTVs>
JVC XV-S65 Progressive Scan DVD Players>
General Instruments HDD-200 HDTV Decoders>
Time Warner - Houston HD Services>
DVD Profilers>

Danger! Danger! Danger!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no...you cant upconvert something to a higher resolution if its sent out in one resolution. but it can take 480i signal and convert that to 480p to make it look slightly better

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, with their introduction with the dynaflats, samsung is supposedly now a big time contender. their really getting in there by sponsoring ncaa football too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im kinda disappointed i found out id have to get a set top box too though. i wont be able to get it right away and i wanna watch college football. i thought that i could just use an antenna. i mean the tv only does 1080i and 480p so i knew i wouldnt be able to get 720p because i wouldnt be able to convert the signal but i thought an antenna would get me the ones my tv can do without a box...anyone know?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you want to watch college football in HD you need a STB or buy an RCA with a built in STB for decoding ATSC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whats with all the legalities in digital television? i dont understand whats going on. is the problem that if i get a digital box and an antenna i could get showtime and hbo signals whereas i couldnt normally because i have normal cable? i dont really understand what the fuss is over

·
Registered
382 Posts
Samsung's QC has really improved over the past couple of years. Their PC monitors are awesome...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Supersonic: where can you find a TSL2795HF for $300 if this is what the title of your 1st posting means? Textf>

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha no. the xbox is (great buy, prog. scan dvd and high res on games, good games too)...but this is a good point. having to do with the encryption and studios wanting to have DVI and whatever. think about it. PS2 and xbox are really ushering DVD into homes. i dont know about you guys but in the past couple months dvd has REALLY grown in my area. at blockbuster the main renting shelf is DVD. its a new format of movies, people arent going to want to ditch it for something new anytime soon. (look how long VHS has been the standard)And since consumers wont be willing to shell out more money for a new format they will stick to hdtv with component. Anyway all those that use DVD and/or the new videogame systems only have one way of connecting it to hdtv- component input. And im not talking just about now. but like a usual shelf life for a system is what- 5 years about? so someone gets an xbox in 3 or 4 years. reads about hdtv input, hdtv is down in price so what the hell. he'll go look for one with component input. i dont see how the MPAA is planning to do this to hdtv! its insane really! with a new format DVD being very succesful and all other things connecting to TVs with component and RCA its just not the time to try to change what we need. and if this new copy right format does fall through then id say bye bye to hdtv. too much confusion. even big supporters like cbs could start dropping out. itd be a long time till real digital starts up with DVI because itll have to start all over again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever choose which TV to pick for your X-box? I am currently looking into the same issue. I want to spend about $2000 on an HDTV. I like the size of the rear projection TVs but am worried about Burn in on the screen. Would you share what you've discovered about TVs for the X-box?

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/confused.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.