AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm completely overhauling my entire system and going from surround to a 2.1 channel set up. I got a killer deal on a refurb Harman Kardon 3490 which I've kinda wanted for a while but I'm still stuck on speakers. I've looked at several Polk (Monitor 40, TSi 200, and RTI A1), the BIC America DV62, a couple TSC's, and the SVS SCS-01(M). Right now I'm leaning towards the SVS but I can't find a whole lot of opinions on them, although everything I've heard has been good. I'm thing of going with an Elemental Designs sub, probably the A3 - 250. I've heard good things about the Bic H100 as well. Unfortunately I don't live in a place where I can listen to any of these before ordering so it's entirely up to other peoples opinions. So what do you guys think. I'm willing to go up to about 800 for the speakers and sub.

edit: I should also mention this is purely for music.

·
Registered
161 Posts
ok so i have the scs 01 speakers and an ed a2-300 sub. mines mainly for home theater but i do listen to music with pure direct mode only using my 2 speakers and sub.

if you can give the scs room to breathe they sound great for music. im still tweaking mine but i love the imaging and clarity im getting from them. that said the ed sub really isnt that much of a musical sub. and if your plan is music i would REALLY try to get a sealed sub that will give you better musical performance. if not i suggest maybe 2 channel only with a pair of ascend sierra 1's. i only say this because thats a speaker that can hit around 40hz where the scs needs a sub and i dont see my eD being best for music. they are making smaller sealed subs which may change the game but thats my op.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Being an SVS owner myself, I can tell you that I'm pretty much happy with my current setup, comprising:

03 X SCS-01 (M) for the front array;

04 X SBS-01 for the surr. & surr. back duties;

01 X PB-10 ISD SW for the freaking bass.

There's nothing more I can ask for, but YMMV

BTW, I'd suggest you to google over at the SVS SBS-01 Offical Thread, where you'll find a bunch of useful info though.

Good luck on your quest!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts