AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a sony receiver (str-de1075)

i want to mess with the curves to get better sound and have it adjusted to my listening environment. can i add an eq? how would i go about hooking this up?

rec--> eq--> amp

rec-->amp--> eq?

can i even use an eq with a powered receiver? is there such a thing as a "dead" receiver (one with little or no output--that requires an amp?)

·
Registered
30,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by directory /forum/post/0

i currently have a sony receiver (str-de1075)

i want to mess with the curves to get better sound and have it adjusted to my listening environment. can i add an eq? how would i go about hooking this up?

rec--> eq--> amp

rec-->amp--> eq?

can i even use an eq with a powered receiver? is there such a thing as a "dead" receiver (one with little or no output--that requires an amp?)

If your receiver has preamp (line) outputs, you can connect an EQ between that and an amp. There are good digital EQs out there and RoomEQWizard software will get those up and going.

OTOH, if you really want better sound (and assuming you have decent acoustical treatment in your room), you would be better off with a new AVR that has roomEQ built-in. Do a search here (or Google) Audyssey, for example.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
directory

Like Kal, said use the RCA phones mind you, you are going to need multiple equalizers additional amplification for all the channels. Matching amplifies for the fronts left centre right and surrounds as well.

I guess you must be little shocked but this is how it is in the cinema yet they do so well in some places and if you what a piece of the action you have to shell out for the cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.