Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

I just received HD cable this friday and received a MOXI HD DVR that replaced my TIVO. Can I record shows from this box to a DVD burner? I can't find any info from the manual and when I try to do it on my cheap DVD burner it does not work.... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thx

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Can you please give us more details? How do you have the DVD recorder hooked up to the Moxi? What recorder are you using? What do you mean by "it does not work"?

-phil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't figure out how to hook it up to the MOXI. The component out goes to the TV. The DVI output does not work. That leaves S-video and RCA. Both of these do not work when I hook up to the DVD burner. (Maybe because the video output is 1080i??) I'm willing to go out and buy a new recorder if that will fix the prob. The burner i currently have is an iLo from Wally World. It is cheap so I don't mind replacing it with something better.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
If its the SA8000HD HD-DVR, that model doesn't support simultaneous s-video and component output. You have to put it into SD mode to get video output on the s-video conenctor. There is also only one set of stereo analog audio outputs, so you have to use a couple Y-splitters to feed both the TV and the recorder.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
The current Moxi doesn't do simultaneous HD and SD output, from what I understand, so s-video would not be functional at the same time as component or DVI.

The DVI output is not yet enabled -- I believe that's planned for later this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help...

If I have a show recorded in HD there is nothing I can do to have the show converted into SD in order to record to the DVD correct?

Quote:
The current Moxi doesn't do simultaneous HD and SD output, from what I understand, so s-video would not be functional at the same time as component or DVI.
So if I have an S-video going to the DVD recorder and the component going to the HDTV, the component is primary and the S-video does not function??

·
Registered
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by indianajns

So if I have an S-video going to the DVD recorder and the component going to the HDTV, the component is primary and the S-video does not function??
It depends on how the resolution is set. For example if you set the output resolution to 480i, then both component and S-video will be on (at 480i). As you surmised above, it's only when the output resolution is set at a higher resolution that the S-video port goes dark. So, if you really need to save the show to DVD, here's the workaround: watch it first in HD, then set your output resolution to 480i and play the show out again for your DVD burner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool... I'll try it... In an earlier post someone mentioned this:

Quote:
After I change the output to 480i, Will your workaround still work if I have the component cables into the TV and S video into the DVD recorder?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Doesn't matter what cables are present. The only time you can get video out at S-video or composite video is to set the resolution to 480i. The component output will also be live (but at 480i).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.