AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like it says, I'm gonna pull the trigger on new "tube". The thing is it seems like all the tvs with the features I want: smart, excellent picture, great refresh, and beautiful to look at when off(small bezel, thin) but they also have crap I don't want like voice controls, cameras, and 3d. Are there any tvs with the stuff I want, but not the crap I don't want. My current set is a 2001 Panasonic 36" HDTV 1080i tube tv(she's heavy). It has a good picture still, but I'm getting kinda tired of having to use a cable to connect my laptop to the tv so I can watch tv(OTA sucks here, and I've been a year without cable, too expensive for channels I don't want, to get the channels I do want, I know I'm picky...) I'm currently looking at the Samsung UN 7100 series, probably a 55", I think 60" might be too big. I like the 8000 series with the quad core processor, but I don't want the camera. I also don't want the voice control that the 7100 has, but I haven't found anything that seems like it will do what I want.

I also, would like to know if anyone with a "smart" tv can try to log onto abc.com or similar free tv sites, like free hulu to see if it can do it, and then how good bad in different it is. I do all of my tv watching this way using my laptop, but am tired of the cables. I have tried Chromecast and think it is not ready for this type of use. I even upgraded my router, and it didn't help at all. I also could not get the full surround sound with the chrome cast, or full 1080 picture when using abc.com, etc...

I am NOT going to purchase a subscription to netflix, hulu, or amazon prime, so please don't suggest a Rokus, or similar device that can't access full internet...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts