Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a used or cheap HD display, I'd prefer rear projection, but will consider others. Let me know.

Thanks,

Drew

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Hi Drew!

That's a pretty broad spectrum of display devices you're asking for... you may want to narrow down the field a bit and possibly indicate a rough price range that you're looking at as pretty much anything listed in this specific forum would most likely meet your requirements. Just look at the other 100 posts and pick one.

Most larger screen displays nowadays can do HD.

Are you looking for closer to 40"? 80"? Larger?

LCD, DLP, CRT technology? Do you care?

1080i only or do you need 720p as well?

Kal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kal, and all,

I'm just putting out feelers for what is available in the Philly area. I currently don't have an HD set, and have not seriously looked for one in the past. I have been reading up on the various technologies and manufacturers in other forums here on AVS. I am looking for a local rather than national seller because I am a newbie. I'm sure most folks at AVS are trustworthy, I'd like to see what I am buying firsthand before dropping a lot of cash for an item.

I'll be doing more "homework" at the malls this weekend again. I'll tell the wife I'm going to Home Despot to look at tile! LOL.

Thanks again,

Drew

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Good luck Drew!

A few things to keep in mind (all IMHO):

- The larger you go, the more you will appreciate HD.

- Front projection requires less space then rear projection (and you can go much bigger: 100-120" is common in FP while RP is usually limited to 65" and under).

Kal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.