AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked into adapting the Celadon IRC-38 unit so that it can be used to receive IR commands and translate them into the RS-232 commands required by the Zenith HD-SAT520 and Sony HD200 to control the output format directly.

The Zenith HD-SAT520 can only switch between 480i and a preselected mode. The Sony HD200 can only toggle through all the modes.

This solution would create an individual IR code for each output format mode, including the Hybrid modes and DVI NR mode. Additionally, we'd also probably include support the full range of 256 possible commands that exist, even though not all are used (or at least all that are used and not duplicated, if there turns out to be a limit due to available memory) and some are already available via the current IR remote.

The remote codes would be provided in a Pronto CCF format and one other format (I forget which... never heard of it myself) directly from Celadon. I would also provide an MX-700 version of the CCF file.

What this entails is an engineering fee for the work by Celadon to reprogram the IRC-38 to do this. It would cost a total of $250.

An individual IRC-38 with this customized code would then cost $189.

I'm trying to find out if there are any people who would DEFINATELY be interested in this and hope to find at least 4 or 5 people so that we can split the engineering cost between us.

So, if you're interested, please let me know here or by email. If you'd be interested but only if X number of others were also participating, let me know that, too. So, for example, if we had 5 people in total, that'd mean $50 from each of us for the engineering costs and $189 for the unit itself.

If we get 50 people or more, the unit cost would come down a bit, but I'm not holding my breath for that... but it would be welcome. And as long as I'm dreaming, if we had a whole lot of people, it could come down to as little as $69 each (but I forget the quantity break... 1000 or 5000 I think). :)

And if you know some other solution already existing (that doesn't require a PC), I'm quite open to hearing about it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, this is getting a lackluster response. :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Iaen... that looks like an ideal piece of equipment. Any idea on the cost of it? All I could find were a couple Extron dealers online but not with that product listed, so I have to wait till tomorrow to call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.