AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Sound Card, I want to control the volume from the sound icon in the tray but I can't. I have my speakers (5.1 Teufel E 400 Digital) set up with optical into the sound card. If I change a setting and make it 2.1 it works from the sound tray, but then it does not sound good. Please help thanks

The connection is: Teufel E 400 speakers > Decoderstation 5 > PC Sound Card

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I don't think what you want to do works. The Windows volume control I think works with analog sound. When you connect your computer to something via a digital connection, you send it just like it is on your hard drive or in memory. I think you have to adjust volume at the other end of the digital connection.

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
Sounds like a Creative driver/control panel issue. I had to jump through hoops getting my son's system working a few years ago but all I remember is pinging Creative, looking on their forums and other computer forums for troubleshooting tips, and wiping then re-installing the driver package a couple of times. Eventually it all worked but I am not sure I ever knew exactly the root cause and cure. I do know I was having problems when Creative's driver did not properly work with the Window's sound panel; that turned out to be a Creative bug an update fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts