AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had a TWH(thrifty white hardwood) attached to the wall with mirror clips, that I've been projecting on, but I'm about to paint the TWH. I'm not sure how to keep the TWH attached to the wall without the mirror clips. Of course I don't want the mirror clip there when I paint because the clips are in the way of the TWH. How can i keep the TWH on the wall long enough to paint it then attach the mirror clips back to hold up the painted TWH?? Not to mention that the clips are thicker and if i painted with clip on the TWH it will create an uneven painting change going from the TWH to over the mirror clips. Ideas?? I want to avoid having to glue the TWH to the wall because I don't want to have to rip it off some day and have to paint that whole section of the wall.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,840 Posts
Take one clip off at a time and replace it with a 1 -1/4" Coarse Threaded Drywall Screw, hand tightened. Repeat with all screws, paint...remove screws and replace Clips.

Personally speaking, I'd use Flat headed Truss head Screws, paint over 'em and forget 'em

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan  /t/1470296/want-to-paint-twh-that-i...-how-to-paint-with-clips-in-way#post_23253738

Take one clip off at a time and replace it with a 1 -1/4" Coarse Threaded Drywall Screw, hand tightened. Repeat with all screws, paint...remove screws and replace Clips.

Personally speaking, I'd use Flat headed Truss head Screws, paint over 'em and forget 'em

YOUR BRILLIANt Mississippiman. Never would have thought about that.So, what your saying is I screw the screws into where the mirror clip used to be and the screw are supporting the TWH?? That wont create that vortex thing I've heard you mention about when it comes to making sure you put cardboard next to the TWH so when you go off the TWH while moving left to right as your paint it wont leave an uneven surface while coming off the TWH??

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan  /t/1470296/want-to-paint-twh-that-i...-how-to-paint-with-clips-in-way#post_23253738

Hey could you post a link to a pic of what the Flat Headed Truss Head Screw looks like that you would use??

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,840 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts