AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to optimize my sound system for a Optoma H57 projector. My room is 11' wide, 24' deep and 7' ceiling. I've looked at HTIB, but I know different companies produce different quality in speakers, recievers, and sub. The sound system will be solely used for movies and some video games. I would like 6.1 or 7.1. I'm looking to spend $1000-1500. Should I go with a HTIB or try to purchase speakers, receiver, and sub separtely? If so or not which speaker, receiver, sub combo will I be happy with given the amount of money I wish to spend.

P.S Since my room is 24' deep I was wondering if I need more powerful speakers in front to equilize the sound from the back. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaknelho
I would like 6.1 or 7.1. I'm looking to spend $1000-1500. Should I go with a HTIB or try to purchase speakers, receiver, and sub separtely? If so or not which speaker, receiver, sub combo will I be happy with given the amount of money I wish to spend.
Avoid a HTIB! Your budget is tight for a whole audio system, but certainly manageable if you make a budget and stick to it. Here's how I'd split it up:

Receiver: $300

DVD Player: $100-150

Subwoofer: $300-400

Speakers (6-7 speakers): Remainder of budget, but don't skimp here! For ~$100/speaker there are plenty of good choices.

Look for the best bang for the buck from each componant. There are lots of threads with recommendations for gear in these price ranges. Look around the forums, and listen to some gear. BTW, my only specific recommendations would be one of the smaller Hsu or Outlaw subs, and speakers which sounds good to you.

Quote:
P.S Since my room is 24' deep I was wondering if I need more powerful speakers in front to equilize the sound from the back.
No, not really, but you'll want to position and calibrate them properly for your seating position.

Quote:
Thanks for your help!
Sure!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.