AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I have an SVS sub and I want to test it out and play with some of the settings and make sure everything is working. I've tried playing some movies, trying to find scenes with LFE, but its kind of a pain.

What's the easiest way to get lots of sub activity so I can listen and adjust as necessary?

Thanks!

Aaron

·
Registered
16,932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amheck /forum/post/17046146

I've tried playing some movies, trying to find scenes with LFE, but its kind of a pain.

Yeah, that's a dirty job.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim /forum/post/17046206

Yeah, that's a dirty job.

If you have any scenes to recommend, I'm all ears. But maybe you have nothing constructive to add, so that's all you could come up with.

Most of my movies are ripped to my media server, and chapter forward and back always doesn't work, so yeah, its not super easy to find scenes with lots of bass when you're just blinding fast=forwarding and reversing around. And a quick explosion here and there doesn't seem to hang around long enough, even when I find one, do give me anyting useful.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an SVS PC+, one of the first ones they made, and its been fine for years and years. A couple months ago, I notice some strange popping coming from it, although output seemed to be about the same. I talked to SVS and they said it was probably the woofer that needed to be replaced, although that kind of surprised me, as I've never really driven this thing hard at all. Output has only been up 2-3 notches from the bottom.

Lately, though, I've been hearing almost so bass. Actually most of my movies I watch on my HTPC and I thought maybe the settings were messed up, but it finally was bugging me enough, cause everything seemed fine in the PC.

So I just stuck in Cloverfield BluRay (never had watched it before) on my PS3 cause I saw the sticky had a lot of bass scenes. I went to a couple of them and almost nothing is coming out of the sub. I have to turn the gain almost all of the way up to get anything out of it. I'm not turn if the speaker now is just dead, or if I have an amp problem now too. Or maybe the amp was the problem in the first place, when I noticed this a month ago.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts

Quote:

Hey gang, I have an SVS sub and I want to test it out and play with some of the settings and make sure everything is working. I've tried playing some movies, trying to find scenes with LFE, but its kind of a pain.

What's the easiest way to get lots of sub activity so I can listen and adjust as necessary?

Thanks!

Aaron

......go out and buy a copy of "Energy Never Dies" Black Eyed Peas....

Deepity, deep bass here on many songs.

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:

Thanks!

Aaron

Play is one thing but, if you get the settings right, you should be using proper test and measurement procedures. Always check with your best recordings but music/HT is variable, making accurate setting problematic. Take a search for RoomEQ Wizard and/or the SVS AS-EQ1 sub EQ for info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.